Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:13 AM

71 posts, read 212,135 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can find me a map which states how like each like district is politically, like I remember seeing someone looking into [Village of and] Town of [East] Aurora, and someone telling them it's the majority conservative, I'm just curious about something like that, how conservative, or democratic or republican or whatever said map uses each district is... for e.g. Westchester County is not really far from me, and I forget where I found the two districts for Westchester, but I just like seeing how much this and that is for each district.

Now I've likely repeated myself 100 times, I'd appreciate your help, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 01:18 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,718,741 times
Ive never seen a map, but done more than enough campaigning in the whole area to know very well. Are you looking for the most Conservative areas? I can write a whole post, but I'd rather be more precise to what you need.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:31 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,813,590 times
Try the Board of Elections. They have breakdowns of the voting in each district, as to party line. I think they might have it online.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Try the Board of Elections. They have breakdowns of the voting in each district, as to party line. I think they might have it online.
OHHHH! I just looked that up and just found a map that didn't really show any politics, but I just found that Westchester thing again, it's congressional districts. Maybe that's not what I want though, I don't know...

Anywho, do you know where I can find a map?

Here's e.g.:
New York's 18th congressional district - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This covers like the south town and south, but I hate how it goes out of Erie County, but then again, it's a congressional district.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...ional_district

Old 07-19-2010, 03:24 PM

You can actually get voter registration lists too, but they are extremely expensive to access, and generally not available to the public. I have seen them (I probably still have access to everyone in NY-26's registration). I've plotted it on a map, and there are actually some extremely Conservative and Liberal areas in Amherst. Matter of fact that area between Hopkins, Dodge, Heim, and North Forest is about 70% GOP. A few blocks away, on the Cheektowaga border, it is the opposite.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post
You can actually get voter registration lists too, but they are extremely expensive to access, and generally not available to the public. I have seen them (I probably still have access to everyone in NY-26's registration). I've plotted it on a map, and there are actually some extremely Conservative and Liberal areas in Amherst. Matter of fact that area between Hopkins, Dodge, Heim, and North Forest is about 70% GOP. A few blocks away, on the Cheektowaga border, it is the opposite.
How's Hamburg and that area. That's what I'm interested in for Erie the most.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:19 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,869,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoffee View Post
How's Hamburg and that area. That's what I'm interested in for Erie the most.
It's generally Democratic but at the moderate end of the scale. Hamburg is more of "live and let live" type of place rather than being actively liberal.

You should stay away from Orchard Park as is quite conservative (for Western New York)

Last edited by Port North; 07-19-2010 at 07:28 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,869,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaCoffee View Post
NO! Please, the last thing I need is to live in the most conservative areas. Those idiots hate traffic circles, throw up traffic lights every 10 feet, and protest their archaic stone-age religion on the streets! Okay, that may have been a bit of over-exaggartion, but please, the less conservative the better for me. I'm not really concerned about a places politics, just curious.
Hamburg has traffic circles, so does East Aurora (which is moderate Republican).

Old 07-19-2010, 08:38 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,813,590 times
Erie County, NY - Board of Elections

Try this. If it doesn't work, try the "Erie County BOE"

You can also go back to the Buffalo News on the day AFTER Election Day for who voted for who.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:16 AM

Hamburg ranges from more Liberal towards Lackawanna, to quite Conservative everywhere else. They are generally typical New York Republicans. Care alot more about fiscal issues than social. The city itself went for the GOP House candidate in 2008 by a decent margin in an election where the GOP did badly.

And Vanilla Coffee, you have no clue what you are talking about, where are you getting your "facts" that Conservatives hate traffic circles? Or that we put up traffic lights? Maybe we need to put them up because Liberals keep coming to Conservative areas so we need traffic management in order to cope with the exodus of people from failed Liberal cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area