Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 PM

22 posts, read 50,641 times

Advertisements

I am a twenty five year resident of Orlando, FL. My family has recently moved to Ontario, Canada. Although I am fond of our neighbors to the Great White North I would prefer to remain stateside. I am in my early thirties and a young professional my fiance is in her mid twenties, we plan to start a family in the near future.

What we are looking for is:

1. Safe, central to malls/downtown/restaurants/top area hospitals
2. Within reasonable access to highways that connect with the QEW.
3. Clean air/water/radon readings
4. Reasonable distance to community college and/or UAB.

We would like to rent for the first year, our budget is $900-1200 per mo, we would prefer a three bedroom two bath.

Location and lifestyle are our top priority.

Any suggestions?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 08:54 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,718,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailbryan View Post
I am a twenty five year resident of Orlando, FL. My family has recently moved to Ontario, Canada. Although I am fond of our neighbors to the Great White North I would prefer to remain stateside. I am in my early thirties and a young professional my fiance is in her mid twenties, we plan to start a family in the near future.

What we are looking for is:

1. Safe, central to malls/downtown/restaurants/top area hospitals
2. Within reasonable access to highways that connect with the QEW.
3. Clean air/water/radon readings
4. Reasonable distance to community college and/or UAB.

We would like to rent for the first year, our budget is $900-1200 per mo, we would prefer a three bedroom two bath.

Location and lifestyle are our top priority.

Any suggestions?!?
Town of Wheatfield and Town of Lewiston are about as close to Lewiston/Queenston Bridge as you can find. Plus, that much closer to Toronto for weekend adventures. Wheatfield has more rentals (a few are shady/section 8). However, Wheatfield and Lewiston are predominately suburban to semi rural in nature.

As a UB Alum myself, there are some pretty good backroads to get to UB in 15 minutes from either town. Avoid Grand Island Bridge if possible ! NCCC is right in Sanborn which is right in the Wheatfield Lewiston area. That's the largest CC I know of for Niagara County residents.

Good Luck !

Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 PM

22 posts, read 50,641 times
I have heard a lot about the areas of East Amherst and Williamsville. Would these be good places to start my search? How is the rental home market in these areas? Thank you kindly for your reply

Old 08-29-2011, 09:04 PM

If you are willing to spend up to $1200 on rent, then you could afford East Amherst and Williamsville. It is much closer to UB and Erie CC in Williamsville than the two aforementioned towns which are closer to Ontario. If convenience to college, airport and city is more important to you than Ontario convenience, than you should look into the complexes in and around Transit Road in E Amherst.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailbryan View Post
I have heard a lot about the areas of East Amherst and Williamsville. Would these be good places to start my search? How is the rental home market in these areas? Thank you kindly for your reply
I misread the part about you looking to rent a home. I don't believe as many people rent out their homes in E Amherst and Williamsville as some of the lower income areas. The people out there are proud, generally wealthy and don't like devaluing neighborhood appraisals by renting out.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 PM

Scrap renting a home in East Amherst area IMO. Apartments, yes. Homes no. Only home renting for $1200 is less than 1000 sq ft and is 2 bd 1 ba. Did a quick search and that's what came up. The homes above and beyond 1500 sq ft are generally $1600 plus/mth.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:31 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Perhaps the town of Niagara or even the LaSalle neighborhood in Niagara Falls could work too. Lockport could work in terms of being a happy medium.

Also, the Elmwood Village and North Buffalo neighborhoods, along with Kenmore might work if you want to go to Erie CC and could take the Peace Bridge into Ontario

Old 08-29-2011, 09:32 PM

This one in Williamsville may fit your square footage and price range well.

43 Gordon St Amherst NY - Home for Rent - MLS #B392870 - Realtor.com®

Old 08-29-2011, 09:47 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
These websites might help: MapsKrieg - Buffalo, NY - Apartments, Rooms, Sublets, and Real Estate for Sale

RealtyUSA | New York Real Estate |

Amherst Apartments for Rent | Amherst NY Apartment Finder

Lancaster might be another great choice as well, as it is still pretty close to the ECC locations that are in East Amherst/Williamsville.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:51 PM

It sounds like he's looking to rent a house CK. He should simply google Amherst,NY Homes for Rent and click on the links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area