Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:05 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,822,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'm always trying to think outside of the box and there are areas of Rust Belt cities that have perfectly fine areas. This is for the metro area anyway.

Who knows if Buffalo would see more investment if it was warmer. Why aren't people flocking to cities in Mississippi or to Birmingham? Not every warm weather city is seeing breakneck investment and there are cities that get colder weather that have high home prices and investment. So, I'm curious as to why you feel that weather plays a part in this. That's all.
Mississippi has very high wage growth, much higher than NY, but it has many other problems stemming from **** poor educational system to crime to national reputation to even having too hot of a climate. The Deep South is well know for not having growth like the more 4 season climate areas. Similar can be said for Birmingham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 10:26 AM

93,230 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Mississippi has very high wage growth, much higher than NY, but it has many other problems stemming from **** poor educational system to crime to national reputation to even having too hot of a climate. The Deep South is well know for not having growth like the more 4 season climate areas. Similar can be said for Birmingham.
Mississippi has no where else to go but up. That isn't a knock, but it goes to other issues that come into play, just like what you find in swaths of cities everywhere besides/outside of weather.

As for the actual thread, what areas of the metro do you or anyone else think Millennials are looking into for housing?

Old 06-10-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Mississippi has no where else to go but up. That isn't a knock, but it goes to other issues that come into play, just like what you find in swaths of cities everywhere besides/outside of weather.

As for the actual thread, what areas of the metro do you or anyone else think Millennials are looking into for housing?
Yikes- harsh words. Its good to have an opinion.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Yikes- harsh words. Its good to have an opinion.
I like to deal with facts, which is the case with Mississippi.

Opinions are nice and anyone can give one, but have a large margin of error depending on what they are based upon.

Now, do you have an idea of where Millennials in the area would look for housing? Staying on topic is great and is what the forum is all about.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I like to deal with facts, which is the case with Mississippi.

Opinions are nice and anyone can give one, but have a large margin of error depending on what they are based upon.

Now, do you have an idea of where Millennials in the area would look for housing? Staying on topic is great and is what the forum is all about.
Its a fact that life can't get any worse than living in Mississippi? That sounds like an opinion to me.

As to where millenials should look for a house, I would start close to my job and see which homes on Zillow are in my price range. Then, I'd narrow it down to which is in the best neighborhood.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Its a fact that life can't get any worse than living in Mississippi? That sounds like an opinion to me.

As to where millenials should look for a house, I would start close to my job and see which homes on Zillow are in my price range. Then, I'd narrow it down to which is in the best neighborhood.
No, I meant what areas of Buffalo, not individually. What areas of Buffalo do you think would appeal to people in that 18-34 year old range?

While given an opinion isn't an issue on this end, Mississippi has been at the bottom of many quality of life aspects. That is just a fact, but everything is relative and there are areas of the state that could work for some people.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
No, I meant what areas of Buffalo, not individually. What areas of Buffalo do you think would appeal to people in that 18-34 year old range?

While given an opinion isn't an issue on this end, Mississippi has been at the bottom of many quality of life aspects. That is just a fact, but everything is relative and there are areas of the state that could work for some people.
None. I don't think its a great city for millenials. I think there are equally affordable, if not more affordable places for millenials to go. You asked, I answered. It would be nice for you to answer some of my questions once in a while.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
None. I don't think its a great city for millenials. I think there are equally affordable, if not more affordable places for millenials to go. You asked, I answered. It would be nice for you to answer some of my questions once in a while.
I've answered enough of your questions and who cares about other areas. This is the Buffalo forum. When are you going to actually address a thread versus a poster?

So, there aren't any areas within the metro that you could suggest? I'm giving you an opportunity to put your knowledge and great suggestion to use, since my posts are full of slum/dump suggestions. Rattle them off, please.

Old 06-10-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I've answered enough of your questions and who cares about other areas. This is the Buffalo forum. When are you going to actually address a thread versus a poster?

So, there aren't any areas within the metro that you could suggest? I'm giving you an opportunity to put your knowledge and great suggestion to use, since my posts are full of slum/dump suggestions. Rattle them off, please.
Lasalle might be ok. I don't live in Buffalo. Neither do you. Never have. Nor have you. Correct me if I'm wrong. I can only recommend places that I've lived in. I don't Google places and recommend them. That's me. The point of the thread was affordability, which I fully admitted that Buffalo is plenty affordable, as are most Rust Belt cities. Of the places I've seen, Lasalle and whatever the area near University could be good for millenials, I suppose.

Last edited by VintageSunlight; 06-10-2015 at 01:59 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Lasalle might be ok. I don't live in Buffalo. Neither do you. Never have. Nor have you. Correct me if I'm wrong. I can only recommend places that I've lived in. I don't Google places and recommend them. That's me. The point of the thread was affordability, which I fully admitted that Buffalo is plenty affordable, as are most Rust Belt cities. Of the places I've seen, Lasalle and whatever the area near University could be good for millenials, I suppose.
So, you've never heard of or been to Elmwood Village, North Buffalo, Parkside or even Kenmore? I've actually been to those areas. So, don't tell me where I have been, ok?

Now, are you going to address the thread from now on or are you going to hijack threads and harass people, like you always do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area