Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 02:52 PM

17 posts, read 17,230 times

Advertisements

Hello World!!

I'm a recent graduate from Buffalo State College in CIS. Luckily I was able to find a job right out of college, but for my friends not so much. They always complained there are no jobs in Buffalo or they never get any responses when they apply with websites like indeed and monster. Or if it's a local job board its very outdated with limited functionality.

Therefore, I listened to them and tried to create a solution to their problem. I eventually created the website Gohighflier. Gohighflier is a local job board website that is strictly for job seekers and employers in WNY. It gives applicants a leg up over someone using a big website. Because the applicant poll is smaller and you have a higher chance of being noticed. Also, they are able to apply to jobs with their online resumes. Whether it's public or private from employers. The functionality is similar to how indeed does theirs. I also created an advance search function so they can narrow down their job search even more. These are just some of the many functionalities I have to offer.

So far it's been a success and I'm curious to know what other start ups are being created in Buffalo as well? I feel that this is a great city that is if full of potential. If you know of any, try to list some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: