Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 06:40 AM

937 posts, read 699,632 times

Advertisements

Like I said, nationwide chains come and go;

From the Buffalo news;
Quote:
Starbucks to close Teavana stores, including two locally
By Matt Glynn | Published July 28, 2017

Starbucks said it will close all 379 of its Teavana stores, a roster that includes locations at the Walden Galleria and Boulevard Mall.

All of the stores will close over the coming year, with the majority closing by next spring, Starbucks said. The company said many of the Teavana stores, which are mainly based in malls, "have been persistently underperforming." "Following a strategic review of the Teavana store business, the company concluded that despite efforts to reverse the trend through creative merchandising and new store designs, the underperformance was likely to continue," the company said. About 3,300 employees will be affected by the closings, and they will be invited to apply for jobs at Starbucks stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 12:18 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,868,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Like I said, nationwide chains come and go;

From the Buffalo news;
No clue what teavana is. Never heard of them. People must not want over priced tea.

Teavana sounds like yuppie hipster hangout that turned out to not be popular.

Chic fil a is totally different.

Don't care.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:56 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
No clue what teavana is. Never heard of them. People must not want over priced tea.

Teavana sounds like yuppie hipster hangout that turned out to not be popular.

Chic fil a is totally different.

Don't care.
Teavana was created by Starbucks it stand for "Tea Nirvana", the theory was that the coffee junkies who frequent Starbucks would get into tea drinking if it had a more up to date image. Overall they usually get placed in what would be considered the more upscale areas. One of my daughters worked for them as a summer job that's were I found out about them.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:00 PM

I read all your links and none of them show one example where Chick-Fil-A has discriminated against their employees or the communities they reside in. As stated by a poster to the last link on Washington Post article.

Hans Bader writes:

The most superficially appealing argument made by commenters to posts similar to yours is that Chick Fil-A’s CEO’s opinions might be a harbinger of illegal discrimination against gay patrons or employees. But the record rebuts and refutes such speculation

The company has no history of discrimination to its employees but because the owner doesn't approve of certain lifestyles then they must be burned at the stake! People need to grow up and realize that they can choose to live how they like but stop expecting everyone to approve.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I read all your links and none of them show one example where Chick-Fil-A has discriminated against their employees or the communities they reside in. As stated by a poster to the last link on Washington Post article.

Hans Bader writes:

The most superficially appealing argument made by commenters to posts similar to yours is that Chick Fil-A’s CEO’s opinions might be a harbinger of illegal discrimination against gay patrons or employees. But the record rebuts and refutes such speculation

The company has no history of discrimination to its employees but because the owner doesn't approve of certain lifestyles then they must be burned at the stake! People need to grow up and realize that they can choose to live how they like but stop expecting everyone to approve.

He's delusional. Don't let facts and reality get in the way of his fake news. He is an anti Christian bully and wants to push his hatred on anyone who will listen.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Teavana was created by Starbucks it stand for "Tea Nirvana", the theory was that the coffee junkies who frequent Starbucks would get into tea drinking if it had a more up to date image. Overall they usually get placed in what would be considered the more upscale areas. One of my daughters worked for them as a summer job that's were I found out about them.
Thanks for explaining. That's basically what I envisioned

Old 07-31-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
He's delusional. Don't let facts and reality get in the way of his fake news. He is an anti Christian bully and wants to push his hatred on anyone who will listen.
Hatred maybe but only against those that choose to live in a suburb or not accept the cities role the way he sees it. I just get tired of all the millennials and over sensitive type crying foul on CFA when the company has never treated an employee different because of their lifestyle. The "owner" is a Conservative Christian but doesn't let his values affect how people are treated.

As for the argument their closed on Sunday its a private company get over it and go eat elsewhere.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:16 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,997 times
the Cathys are not allowed to have an opinion, they're too wealthy and non-disenfranchised!

Old 08-21-2017, 09:12 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,291,482 times
Man Buffalo really doesn't have Chick-fil-a???? I figured they where almost as big as McDonalds by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area