Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 10,819 times

Advertisements

Riding to work this morning, I had an idea. I live in a little town called Mount Airy, NC, also referred to as "Mayberry" from the Andy Griffith show. This town really does put a lot of promotion for this and thousands visit here every year. The economy here is horrible, I just filed bankruptcy my wife's job shut down and both textile and tobacco jobs are just about gone. Passing an abandoned plant located at one of the busiest intersection in our town, I had an idea for an indoor theme park based on the southern hospitality aspect of the TV show. The theme park would be housed entirely indoors with a variety of attractions I have in mind. Such an undertaking is not even possible for a bankrupt nobody as I am but such a venture from the right investors could reap a great return and at the same time offer desperately need jobs to our community. Just think about it, Mount Airy is located off I-74 at the foot of the Blue Ridge Parkway, near the popular Shelton Vineyards, and is a great stop over place for mid-westerners on their way south. I just thought a person with your foresight might give this some consideration.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:15 AM

28 posts, read 86,564 times
Smile theme park amusement park investors venture capital

What will funds be used for? Who conducted Feasibility and Cost Engineering? Do you have a professional Business Plan? Do you want our company to conduct financial study, write business plan?

Potential investors? They will look at your documents and the funds required. They will look at your management team.

Most important for consideration of funding,:
1. Professionally prepared Business Plan
2. Financials
3. deposit 20% of total funds required into trust account. After construction is complete, the funds returned
4. Investing partner may want, forty percent equity ownership, to be discussed upon further documentation.

There is also other investors we may consider and approach if the documents and collateral, equity deposit are in order.

What will funds be used for? Will you engage our company for masterplan and cost engineering? Who conducted Feasibility and Cost Engineering?

What consideration will be for Roy Propsner, dba A Basic Service.com as finder of funds?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taedwards2000 View Post
Riding to work this morning, I had an idea. I live in a little town called Mount Airy, NC, also referred to as "Mayberry" from the Andy Griffith show. This town really does put a lot of promotion for this and thousands visit here every year. The economy here is horrible, I just filed bankruptcy my wife's job shut down and both textile and tobacco jobs are just about gone. Passing an abandoned plant located at one of the busiest intersection in our town, I had an idea for an indoor theme park based on the southern hospitality aspect of the TV show. The theme park would be housed entirely indoors with a variety of attractions I have in mind. Such an undertaking is not even possible for a bankrupt nobody as I am but such a venture from the right investors could reap a great return and at the same time offer desperately need jobs to our community. Just think about it, Mount Airy is located off I-74 at the foot of the Blue Ridge Parkway, near the popular Shelton Vineyards, and is a great stop over place for mid-westerners on their way south. I just thought a person with your foresight might give this some consideration.
Citizen Grants as resource for a Roswell, NM, Alien Theme Attraction.
See example from other community -
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...810150360/1001
The money (most recent grant from private citizen family ) helped the Blank Park Zoo Foundation exceed $4.5 million in donations roughly one month into the two- or three-year campaign.
The zoo foundation plans to raise about $25 million through private donations and grants. The city, under a 2003 agreement, is obligated to contribute $8 million. ENDITEM Roy Propsner, Nogal, New Mexico Profile on Ziggs.com
http://www.ziggs.com/?uid=92485&cfrom=107

Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,939,081 times
Why in the world would an American invest Capital in an adventure in Mexico of all places when there are wealthy Mexicans in Mexico who have the funds to build such an operation.
The reason they don't is that they know for a fact that avg Mexicans would not patronize the loacation anyway. A few locals YES...mexican tourists from central Mexico or Mexico City NO WAY.
I've lived in Mexico 15 yrs and have a good knowledge of their habits...both from Df and Baja.
If the idea is so wonderful...open your own pocketbook and have at it.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:58 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,987,794 times
Quote:
My immediate thought is that 1) you just filed for bankruptcy... and also 2) you just filed for bankruptcy!!!!... In my experience past patterns are indicative of future ones. Additionally, as a self-proclaimed "bankrupt nobody" a person would be an utter fool to support your idea. One doesn't increase wealth level by sending money to "bankrupt nobodies"...

Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 AM

389 posts, read 1,987,131 times
i concur with mbuszu.

to the OP: what were you thinking? proclaiming you're a "bankrupt nobody" to your future investors? i mean.... you fail at life and definitely as a salesman.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 AM

Default Why in the world would an American theme park investment Capital in an adventure in Mexico

[quote=Steve Bagu;]Why in the world would an American invest Capital in an adventure in Mexico of all places when there are wealthy Mexicans in Mexico who have the funds to build such an operation.
The reason they don't is that they know for a fact that avg Mexicans would not patronize the loacation anyway. A few locals YES...mexican tourists from central Mexico or Mexico City NO WAY.
I've lived in Mexico 15 yrs and have a good knowledge of their habits...both from Df and Baja.
If the idea is so wonderful...open your own pocketbook and have at it. END QUOTE

The perspective is noted with interest. Theme park investment is a risk no matter if you are American investing in Mexican economy or American investing time and money into Baghdad Iraq. If you think Mexico is wonderful....take a gander at this theme park investment concept. This is a Serious Theme Park investment proposal.

Enhanced Leisure and Tourism – Baghdad, IRAQ

According to Yaqut (i . 448 f.) and the Lisan el-'Arab (xiii . 72) mankind were swept together by winds into the plain afterwards called "Babil". Here again at the closing of the year 2008 a disparate group of individuals and groups come together to restore, if only as one unified theme, Mesopotamia and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

If there were others, we do not know of them, but this is the third study into bringing entertainment, recreation, family fun attraction facility to the city of Baghdad. This current effort and interest is generated by local Baghdad citizens with recognition of a need, a market and the growing security.

“Baghdad is improving at a fast rate its security situation. Shops/restaurants are now open until 11pm, with no curfews. The surge has worked quite well, and improvements in the security will continue now since the security pact was ratified in parliament. All of this is very encouraging. But yet, there are no entertainment facilities in Baghdad and the rest of Iraq. The demographics is skewed to younger age groups, with the median age being just under 20 yrs of age, and 40% of the population under 15yrs of age. The market is there and standards of living are improving. All the factors point to a potentially large market for entertainment consumption.” Resident of Baghdad, he continues: “My idea regarding the theme, would heavily involve the theme of Mesopotamia, particularly focusing on Babylon (Tower of Babil, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Rivers of Babylon), which is a neutral and highly appealing theme to all Iraqis.”

Presently the Iraqi group is conducting a Feasibility Study. as Investor Relations and Master planner, has located potential investors in North America. The Iraqi group originally discovered their initial investors which gave impetus to this study and further funding search

One development idea comes from North America, ag-tourism and vertical marketing.
We want a mirror image of our entertainment project, to reflect the Iraq fish farming report:
200 percent profit. With vertical marketing, we have “aquarium”, fish, pizza and entertainment. Go figure! We want the second profitable product to be leisure entertainment.

Reference:
]http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/iraq/20080528-0859-iraq-fish-.html
HILLA, Iraq – Iraqis are very fond of 'mazgouf', fish split open and cooked over a wood fire.
'Right now fish is the only product being produced in Iraq that has an over 200 percent profit margin, and it's because there's such a shortage,' said Duane Stone, a U.S. fish farmer who is an advisor for the project.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:26 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,939,081 times
The theme park comparison between Mexico and Baghdad Iraq possibilities is like comparing salt and pepper.
A country like Iraq and with its history (persian dominence) is centuries old and is only now since the war will be slowly coming around to the rest of the world. With the vast amount of oil reserves they will be able to construct (introduce) western technology and practices to the population be it via a entertainment center or whatever. Cell phones...DVDS...TV etc and the like are now abundant.
Mexico on the other hand is next door to the US and has access to whatever we have. The MFG of TV'S...cars...eloctronics etc in the country is slowly bringing them up from the 3rd world status.
The problem they have is the money factor. Income does not support the many small MALLS and shopping centers that are around.
Case in point; Here in Rosarito there was a large MALL being built on over 20 acres plus and never completed (don't know why) empty for yrs and finally tore down. Now at the north end of town is a very large shopping center...Home Depot...Walmart...Theater...Big name restaurants...plus a large number of spots for small business to open. For there size and time of being open...do not see any large amount of car patrons. Bigees ...yes...small no. There is not enough Industry as I see it to support the large investment. Work and money is needed to support the economy. The desire for say an Amusement Park is there but the money to visit same is not there.
I was married to a Mexican National and lived in Mexico City with many Mexican friends. They were always enthused about wanting to see or do different things but always lacked the money. The idea and concept was always there but never finalized. I'm not denegrading them only stateing a reality.
As I said...there is a lot of RICH Mexicans and if they thought that a good profit could be made, they would invest in a heartbeat. Any investment would have to have a reasonable profit margin to exist.
Steve

Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,232,382 times
Yeah....I could see lots of people wanting to travel to NC....but I doubt too many people are crazy enough to want to be an American tourist in Bagdad.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,385,104 times
Quote:
Now is a horrible time to open a theme park, especially from scratch. Many businesses now you can get at a discount price because business is hurting, by opening one from scratch, you are paying top dollar in a market that won't pay for it. Also, I don't think you realize the amount of liability there is in that industry. Also, there aren't many indoor theme parks for a reason, heating, cooling, humidity, moisture, maintenence, atmosphere, ride restrictions etc are all affected negatively being in an atrium type building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business