Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 10:50 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,764 times

Advertisements

It must be that I am so old but I have found a distinct lack of business ethics with the younger generation.
Case in point - I used a major shipping concern that is one of the two big ones out there.
I sent a package to my friend from my state which is Delaware to her which is New York City. This concern decided without going out to her address that they would not deliver the package as there was no apartment number on it. Had this company gone out there they would have realized no apartment number was necessary, but being lazy they decided to mail her a postcard. She received the card Friday night after work and of course they are closed for the weekend. Anyone that lives in New York City knows you can mail something around the corner and it can take a week. Regardless, they shipped the package back on Tuesday. When I asked for a refund for not delivering the package I was told no. I spoke with people at the Terminal in Long Island that supposedly noted my account and was going to contact the location I shipped my package out of. That was Lie #!, which I didn't find out about for a week as I was giving them ample opportunity to call the location. When I called they told me no one had contacted them. After that it was a flurry of phone calls between the Terminal in Long Island and the 800 Customer Service number. This resulted in additional lies that my account was noted about the incident and another lie that it wasn't noted about the incident. These Lies 2 and 3 came to a head as eventually we entered into a three way phone conversation. I didn't get anywhere.
I never gave up and though much hard work and luck I got through to Customer Service at the Regional Corporate Office. Surely this person would understand that they agreed to deliver something for 17.23 which they never delivered so of course I was due a refund. Well this person didn't see it that way either and was telling me no refund. I finally said you know I am 60 years and been unemployed for 3 years, I would have no problem putting this story on the Internet so everyone can see that this huge corporation needs 17.23 more than I do especially since you didn't do what you were paid to do.
Ultimately I got my money back but what kind of crap is this.
The crap being I had to fight over money that I was due, that I had been lied to by 3 of this corporation's employees and until I said I was going public they would not give me a refund.
I think this country is in big trouble there is a lack of morality and ethics which is coming out now in the business world. Their behavior isn't something new, they probably did the same things in high school to which the parents replied "my child would never do that". Well just so you know - they are !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,696 times
Default Re:Lack of business ethics and corporate responsibility

Lack of corporate social responsibility mainly presents as lack of business integrity, corporate values, and ethical responsibility such as lack of bias. But this phenomenon was mainly due to the deviation of entrepreneurial values, inadequate internal management mechanism and unperfected social monitoring system . Establishing the correct values, improving the internal management system and a sound monitoring system and taking other social measures can solve the issue of lack of ethical responsibility.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:15 AM

5 posts, read 16,934 times
There are many post in which we get the information regarding the property management milwaukee wi
in which we find all the information regarding the selling and purchasing property.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:12 AM

689 posts, read 2,161,914 times
We are living in a Flow-Chart Tyranny.

The main problem that has evolved is the failure of business to grant common-sense decision-making authority to intermediate staff, and lock them into an inviolable flow chart. workers along the way, even if they could deviate from the flow-chart, are hesitant to make a decision that could result not only in the inconvenience of losing temporarily their job, but the fatal catastrophe of losing forever their family's pre-existing condition health coverage . This has been locked in as absolute and universal by the computerization of the process, in which everything comes to a screeching halt until a computer entry is made that is among the range of entries the computer is programmed to accept, and allows it to move on to the next screen.

Last edited by CowanStern; 06-03-2012 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business