Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 04:09 PM

8,070 posts, read 7,432,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatpenny View Post
Dropping Trump clothing made in Mexico and China was the "nail in the coffin"? Are you kidding?
So, where is Macy's other clothing merchandise made? Do you think it's all US-made now that they've dropped Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 04:44 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,445 times
Its mostly online shopping. Since I moved to a bigger town I hate going out in traffic. Once you start shopping online you can find better deals & free shipping so why go to the store?? Maybe i would venture out for the right fit when shopping for clothes or shoes but everything else i can find online.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
Lived in the US for 7 years and never bought anything there. Sure I have looked but the prices, service and delivery on Amazon Prime are far better.
I agree mostly but honestly at $99 a year, it's a little too expensive, even if you get the Amazon Prime movies and shows (most of the movies I either have or don't want so why bother) "for free." Walmart's shipping pass is half that and you can always order online and pick-up at the store as well.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:23 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle86 View Post
Looks like dropping Trump's clothing line was the nail in the coffin. Good riddance IMO. Making business decisions based on politics is going to cost ya at least 1/2 of your business. Pretty sure they say don't mix politics and religion with business for this reason. Sears is on the way out too after moving the entire craftsman line to foreign manufacturers.
Not to stereo type but, most Trump supporters do not shop at Macy's. Walmart yes, Macy's No

Old 08-24-2016, 10:15 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
Quote:
Not to stereo type but, most Trump supporters do not shop at Macy's. Walmart yes, Macy's No
Boy do you have that backwards. Hillary is counting on the support of Democrats, especially the ethnic groups, who are the Walmart shoppers. She is backed by the lower economic group, the very wealthy who see her as someone that they can buy, the union members, and some of the ethnic groups. The people that shop far above Macy's quality, and the Walmart crowd.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:53 PM

628 posts, read 818,784 times
I still think they will be around, they are a department store, and they have pretty good customer service compared to alot of other place. Also I hate online shopping for clothes. Macy's has a satisfaction guaranteed policy, vs places like Amazon.com where they ban your account if you return a certain number of items. Many other online stores will charge restocking fees and you have to pay for shipping.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:41 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,592,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Boy do you have that backwards. Hillary is counting on the support of Democrats, especially the ethnic groups, who are the Walmart shoppers. She is backed by the lower economic group, the very wealthy who see her as someone that they can buy, the union members, and some of the ethnic groups. The people that shop far above Macy's quality, and the Walmart crowd.
Is "college-educated white person" now an ethnic group? That's who Clinton is getting most of her votes from.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:54 AM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
You sound like you've been brainwashed by too much Rush Limbaugh.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:56 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Quite the opposite. Trumps supporters are largely whites of high school degree or below.

I don't know a single college educated individual that supports her, and the stats support that.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:56 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Is "college-educated white person" now an ethnic group? That's who Clinton is getting most of her votes from.

Hey I have an idea, let's hijack this thread and make it about which candidate has the better supporters. Trump has the best looking supporters for example. I know that because I am one of them. To bring it back on topic I'll add that I've shopped at Macy's before, but it's been a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business