Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 01:37 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,706,224 times

Advertisements

They will forward the complaint to the business itself, or the person who works for the MLM that is pestering you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
One of your friends gave her your contact information. You need to address this with your friend. It is probably the one that complained to you about blocking the texts, phone calls, and emails. What she did was unacceptable to give out your information and then to follow up by trying to get you to remove the spam filters.
I see it as a move to guilt me into removing my blocks and spam filters so she can continue her crusade to harass me to death.

I don't think it's even about making money with some of these people, I think they just enjoy stepping over other peoples' boundaries.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
You really don't have to contact the attorney general.

All you have to do is say, "I am not interested, but thanks. Please don't contact me about DoTerra anymore."

Period.

Any "friend" who guilts you after that is the one who gave her your number and not that much of a friend to worry about.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:40 PM

I had a friend, several years ago, give out my husband's cell phone number to an MLM person he had never met before; she started calling him at work during the day, during business meetings. He went through the roof. These people have no limits and no boundaries as to what they will do.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:17 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,029,926 times
I have a family member on my wife's side of the family who sells a MLM product. She is so sweet, but she is relentless.

When I was flying to New York to make a national television appearance, she asked me to talk to the hostess about her product. When I went to New Zealand for three weeks on business, she asked me to see if there were any people who could be part of her network down there. As if.

I guess the problem with these people is that 1) They have no sense of boundaries between commerce and friendship; and 2) they've had drilled within them that "No" is a synonym for "Not now." They have no idea how obnoxious they are being, even the best of them.

Another bunch I've lump into this category? Real estate agents. They are a notch above MLM, but not very far.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:28 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,573,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I see it as a move to guilt me into removing my blocks and spam filters so she can continue her crusade to harass me to death.

I don't think it's even about making money with some of these people, I think they just enjoy stepping over other peoples' boundaries.

I think they also know they figure out it is a loosing cause with the "business" and just get desperate. But it's pretty lousy to try to inflict the same nonsense on others just because she was stupid enough to get suckered into it. Good luck shaking her off.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

Another bunch I've lump into this category? Real estate agents. They are a notch above MLM, but not very far.
I recently asked a real estate agent to stop sending me letters about selling my house. She would send it once a month, for many years. I felt it was a waste of her postage stamps and a waste of paper as well. We get these often from other real estate agents but she has been the most persistent of all.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:34 PM

372 posts, read 533,779 times
Hostility is often best disguised as sugary sweet.

Whether she's unconscious or narcissistic in her actions...

the best way is to be equally sweet back... in the nicest possible voice...

"Thank you so much for contacting me 10 times. If you do it again, I'll report you for stalking. Thank you so much."

That should get her attention.

And you've been so very nice....

Old 05-04-2017, 03:52 PM

I think she spams so many people via email, text and phone that she doesn't remember who is who, so she may not realize she's contacted me that many times. She'd likely deny it.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:48 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
This woman has keeps sending texts to my home phone about her MLM business which is DoTerra (I think that's how it's spelled) essential oils. I responded the first time saying 1) I wasn't interested and 2) I'd never met her. She replied "you've met me and you gave me your information". No, I didn't, but whatever. I blocked her on my home phone. Now she is sending me emails which I'm sending to spam. Then she started sending me invites to her parties through FB, I am not on her friend list. I blocked her. We have some mutual friends, one of them told me just today "she knows you blocked her, that's kind of a hostile move". As if I'm supposed to unblock her and let her keep contacting me, which I'd prefer not to do. So what is the best and nicest way to get rid of someone that is considered non-hostile and socially acceptable? Please don't say I should give her business a try because I have zero interest in it.
think I saw this episode on Curb Your Enthusiasm - can't recall how Larry handled it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business