Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 06:53 PM

987 posts, read 778,956 times

Advertisements

On January 3rd 2018, I hired a lady to create a new website due to several issues going on with the existing site. I paid her $1300.00 (I paid her half of what she is charging plus I paid 100.00 extra) and I was told the new site would be finished on the 14th of this month. I have not heard from her for over a week. The last issues she had a couple of weeks ago was she has a Mac and told me to use drop box to send her files from a san disk that I have. So I did. I don't know how much longer to wait before I contact her or go ahead and file another dispute with American Express. I have been trying to hire a competent individual to fix website issues since March of 2017. When I purchased the business in late 2016, the current website with it's issues came with the purchase. The issues are that the programs that the customers buy do not work on mac i phones or android. There are PCC DSS compliance issues because of the website being out of date. The entire site needs to be moved and rebuilt. I also wanted to add a vendor tab as well as offer the programs in Spanish soon. And update the content to be able to edit the content from the back door.

Maybe she bit off more than she could chew? This is the 4th individual that I have consulted with and the 2nd one that I have paid. Last year, while working with a different individual, I almost lost 5 grand, but an AMEX dispute saved me.
The old website is working great, but the content needs to be edited for typos etc and it cannot be due to the out dated site.
Any advice is appreciated.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 09:24 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,976,546 times
Lets me ask this basic question, how are you deciding on who to use?

Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 PM

987 posts, read 778,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Lets me ask this basic question, how are you deciding on who to use?
I had a now Ex Boyfriend find this individual. Last I heard from him is he is in Rehab for drugs and alcohol.

I heard back from said individual on the 28th of February. Now it is on me to upload the files to drop box to share with her to get things moved to the new site.

Not much else to do but wait and see...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business