Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2023, 08:10 AM

110 posts, read 92,613 times

Advertisements

I have read the different recommendations of businesses from home . I am looking for something to tie in my down town from my other business. Has anyone found anything personally that has worked for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2023, 08:17 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times
why dont you tell us what has been recommended,so we dont repeat them

Old 06-14-2023, 06:48 PM

366 posts, read 731,122 times
Let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that you currently have a bricks and mortar business, and you now want to work from home to add to the products or services that you now offer? Are you not making sufficient income from your B&M business?

Old 06-14-2023, 07:38 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,493,031 times
well,many brick and mortar businesses have website now,you would be getting business from out of town folks,and even out of the country.
But then it depends on what your business is,some cannot be offered over internet.
You can sell physical and digital products from home,either start your own website or join AMZN,ebay and Etsy.

Old 06-15-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideman View Post
Let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that you currently have a bricks and mortar business, and you now want to work from home to add to the products or services that you now offer? Are you not making sufficient income from your B&M business?
I have a small scale property maintenance business and am looking for something to tie in and keep my sanity when I'm not busy with my main gig. I have contemplated a couple different avenues but just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on home businesses that are reccomended.

Old 06-15-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
well,many brick and mortar businesses have website now,you would be getting business from out of town folks,and even out of the country.
But then it depends on what your business is,some cannot be offered over internet.
You can sell physical and digital products from home,either start your own website or join AMZN,ebay and Etsy.
I actually have a smaller scale property maintenance biz and do sell things online that I get from home clean outs. I was just seeing if anyone had any experience with some of the from home businesses you read about.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:35 PM

3,768 posts, read 4,108,586 times
Your best bet would be to expand your property maintenance business by increasing the number of customers for the services you perform now, or introduce new, related services to increase your income. You should be milking the cow for all it is worth, instead of getting into another business.

Old 06-15-2023, 07:49 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,751 posts, read 58,116,312 times
Some lucrative businesses you can run from home are;
import / export,
Customs clearance (for business shipments)
Real estate (sales, marketing, property research,
Financial analyst/ investing
Insurance
Graphic design
Tutoring
Document Translation
Proof reading
Author
Artist
Architect
Structural analysis

Of course to get high pay for complex services, you need credentials, experience, clients...

A friend does $10k / week running financial plans for businesses seeking bank financing. He works very hard, and pays google well for advertising.

Old 06-16-2023, 03:19 AM

71 posts, read 52,471 times
Since you already sell online, you could focus on developing that website further. Perhaps hire a digital marketer to develop a strategy for you. You will be advertising your service at the same time and getting more clients. Once you get your site in a good place, you could start with some affiliate marketing.

Old 06-16-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beariswear View Post
Since you already sell online, you could focus on developing that website further. Perhaps hire a digital marketer to develop a strategy for you. You will be advertising your service at the same time and getting more clients. Once you get your site in a good place, you could start with some affiliate marketing.
My selling has been limited to marketplace and other local groups that are similar through FB. I have contemplated reaching out further but have been hesitant. May be a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business