Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:37 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times

Advertisements

Its nice to know California loves illegals, because they're going to be getting many more of them courtesy of Arizona.

They can then give them (illegals) the jobs that are now being outsourced to AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 07:47 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,700,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
even for states and cities that don't approve of what AZ is doing, the boycotting isn't going to do much of anything. I am at a loss as to why some officials think they are making an impression, but to mention think, because some don't agree this is the right approach. It is going to backfire!!!

Nita
The funny thing is... I bet these 44 individuals have never read SB1070 or even understand why it makes sense. It's all just a game to California's politicians minus Arnold. I actually agree with a lot of what Arnold does and says, its just the dummies in the state leg. are being donkies. If they think sitting around hoping their budget problems will go away is very ignorant.

The people at the border cities like Nogalas,AZ and other cities in AZ understand migrant workers come over here illegally and are here to work. But... here comes the problem. The drug cartels are starting to see how easy it is to come over and taking advantage of that. So they force people to transport drugs in hopes they don't hurt their family. They are forced into prostitution or sell drugs to get out of the many drop houses in AZ.

It's really sad and the people in AZ don't hate illegals, we are just fed up with ... the feds and their lack of care when it comes to the border drug problem. I personally am sick of hearing about illegal border immigrants and the lack of sight towards expired visas.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:24 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
When Arizona drives its workers (the means of production) away, businesses will fail and the tax revenues will dry up. Bankruptcy will follow if they continue to pursue this insane, unconstitutional course of action.
The Arizona law is far from unconstitutional. If supports the Federal law, the laws on the books in California and 22 other states.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Los Angeles, one of the first states to declare a Boycott of Arizona is realizing that they need Arizona more than Arizona needs them. The city has between $8 and $10 million in contracts with companies in Arizona that they can not do without. Police services would be hurt because much of the equipment that they buy, including all of their Tazers, come out of Arizona. The company that opperates the red light cameras in LA is based in Scottsdale. After looking at the facts the city council is rethinking the entire boycott. It will cost the city more money to make the changes needed to end those contracts. They don't have much money as it is.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
44 California legislators are over one-third of all state representatives. It is interesting that the make up of these representatives are Latino, Asian, black, white and gay lawmakers claiming solidarity with those who would be unconstitutionally detained in Arizona. Furutani is the chair of the state's Asian Pacific Islander Caucus. Swanson is the chairman of the California Legislative Black Caucus. Ammiano is chair of the state's Gay Caucus. They joined the protest of Arizona as symbols of minority communities who see the Arizona law as a violation of constitutional rights.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:41 PM

212 posts, read 476,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
44 California legislators are over one-third of all state representatives. It is interesting that the make up of these representatives are Latino, Asian, black, white and gay lawmakers claiming solidarity with those who would be unconstitutionally detained in Arizona. Furutani is the chair of the state's Asian Pacific Islander Caucus. Swanson is the chairman of the California Legislative Black Caucus. Ammiano is chair of the state's Gay Caucus. They joined the protest of Arizona as symbols of minority communities who see the Arizona law as a violation of constitutional rights.

"Don't ever let a good crisis go to waste"

Applicable to every grandstanding buffoon, to further their agenda, notoriety, popularity, self-infatuation...

All one has to keep in mind is the final agenda. It is not unification. It is not a "melting pot". It is reinforcement of division, to further separate party/racial identity politics...

It is very interesting to note how almost all of those proselytizing against Arizona's new law shy away from the actual language of the law...

Then again, the truth is rarely as much fun... Emotions, impressions and conjecture are far better to reinforce one's own grandiosity of self-esteem based on perceived persecution...

Old 06-23-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayAndBackToSac View Post
"Don't ever let a good crisis go to waste"

Applicable to every grandstanding buffoon, to further their agenda, notoriety, popularity, self-infatuation...

All one has to keep in mind is the final agenda. It is not unification. It is not a "melting pot". It is reinforcement of division, to further separate party/racial identity politics...

It is very interesting to note how almost all of those proselytizing against Arizona's new law shy away from the actual language of the law...

Then again, the truth is rarely as much fun... Emotions, impressions and conjecture are far better to reinforce one's own grandiosity of self-esteem based on perceived persecution...
The federal government doesn't seem to be shy about prosecuting Arizona. Your willingness to minimize the motives of all the cities and state reps is convenient. I don't think the people of Arizona see it as quite so harmless and petty as the boycotts grow.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
The federal government doesn't seem to be shy about prosecuting Arizona. Your willingness to minimize the motives of all the cities and state reps is convenient. I don't think the people of Arizona see it as quite so harmless and petty as the boycotts grow.

...the federal government is effectively being led by the man who made the quote... ...which was the largest intent of my post...

...which you did not get.

...actually, in the future I will be vacationing in Arizona as much as I can, just to show my support.

...I also will not be supporting self-serving politicians, who should be protecting your and my standard of living, instead of turning another state's right into a political ploy to further racial divides.

Again, I note, it is interesting that you and others who spew your dislike for another states law, do not argue against the language of the law.

I guess I expect too much.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayAndBackToSac View Post
...the federal government is effectively being led by the man who made the quote... ...which was the largest intent of my post...

...which you did not get.

...actually, in the future I will be vacationing in Arizona as much as I can, just to show my support.

...I also will not be supporting self-serving politicians, who should be protecting your and my standard of living, instead of turning another state's right into a political ploy to further racial divides.

Again, I note, it is interesting that you and others who spew your dislike for another states law, do not argue against the language of the law.

I guess I expect too much.
Have fun in Arizona. It was close to 110 in Phoenix today

Old 06-24-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Have fun in Arizona. It was close to 110 in Phoenix today

Yes, I expect too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California