Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 01:27 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayAndBackToSac View Post
Originally Posted by californio sur
I've posted several times my appreciation for Arizona as one of the most beautiful states in America [one can never get enough of the Grand Canyon]. I have been to Arizona many times and really don't have an issue with Arizona, in general.

...he, he, he...

Never mind about my earlier discussion. You obviously don't care about truth...
Usual cop-out when you can't come up with the facts. Shallow people shouldn't assert things if they can't back them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 01:47 PM

212 posts, read 476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Usual cop-out when you can't come up with the facts. Shallow people shouldn't assert things if they can't back them up.

Just the facts.

Quote:
Did you have the facts to back up your comment? I doubt it since the only concession to the boycott was to keep the contract with an Arizona firm who supplies the city with 'red light' cameras. The problem with some people is that they need to resort to untruths in their attempt to argue an issue. Since you live in a state you hate, please be our guests and move to Arizona or Texas. Hint: don't expect anything like Monterey. In-fact, don't expect anything interesting or beautiful because there isn't any!

I've posted several times my appreciation for Arizona as one of the most beautiful states in America [one can never get enough of the Grand Canyon]. I have been to Arizona many times and really don't have an issue with Arizona, in general.

...he, he, he...

Old 06-27-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayAndBackToSac View Post
Just the facts.

Quote:
Did you have the facts to back up your comment? I doubt it since the only concession to the boycott was to keep the contract with an Arizona firm who supplies the city with 'red light' cameras. The problem with some people is that they need to resort to untruths in their attempt to argue an issue. Since you live in a state you hate, please be our guests and move to Arizona or Texas. Hint: don't expect anything like Monterey. In-fact, don't expect anything interesting or beautiful because there isn't any!

...he, he, he...

I see you prefer to dodge the question and we know why; because you are wrong but not man enough to admit it! Now who looks silly and petty?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I see you prefer to dodge the question and we know why; because you are wrong but not man enough to admit it! Now who looks silly and petty?

Quote:

...he, he, he...

I argue to find and understand truth.

One who will writes anything, regardless of consistency or truth, to enter into conversation, is seeking something else.

I hope you find what you want.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Default The smallest dog, barks the most (modified Chinese proverb)

I still suggest that there is a deeper issue you should to personally explore:

Quote:

I am a Latino and have sensitivities that you and others may not realize. Even in California with a huge Hispanic population I have experienced racism [mainly in places like Beverly Hills stores or snotty people who think that Latinos are inferior to Anglos]. So when Arizona passes a law that is viewed as prejudiced against my people I am going to react. When I began studying other laws Arizona has passed I have gotten a somewhat negative view of your state.

BTW, if you think all media is "liberal" besides Fox News than you must accept that you are the minority since all the other television networks seem to be liberal according to Republicans. That's why Fox News was created. But that's another subject.

My People?

From one of my initial replies to one of your post:

..."perceptions of discrimination are often used to reinforce self-esteem"...[LEFT]
Read more: The state of California to boycott Arizona?
[/LEFT]

-We would all do much better to learn from the past, but focus on the future.

My forefathers were and are slow to incorporate into American culture...
...and yet I have not used my ethnicity, and/or perceived persecution of my ethnicity to lend weight to my assertions. I wonder why that is?

Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 PM

449 posts, read 877,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
So, I was just watching the news and saw they had 44 legislatures on the steps to our states capital talking about Senate Concurrent Resolution 113. What that was said to be is a statewide economical boycott of Arizona.

Why does everyone want to boycott Arizona? If I don't agree with something or somewhere I'm not going to do it or not going to go there. Why would I need to affect so many other peoples lives. That's what I don't get about a lot of people regarding this Arizona debacle.

There are a lot of places I don't go for various reasons but I don't tell everyone else they shouldn't go for my personal reasons.

This SCR 113 also wants CALpers and CalSTRS to not invest in Arizona until their anti-illegal immigration law is repealed. Aren't we shooting ourselves in the foot with that? I'd rather have those two government retirements make as much as they can so the taxpayers don't have to cover it if they don't make enough.

Do people honestly not see the massive amount of problems Arizona has been having the past few years and probably more with crime related to illegal immigrants? Phoenix is what, second in the world in kidnappings? This is the United States of America. It's supposed to be one of the premier places to live in the world but we have a statistic like that. I am sure there are many other problems in Arizona attributed to illegal immigrants. I know Phoenix is one of the biggest hubs for illegal narcotics to be distrubuted to our fine drug addicted people of this country.

I guess I'm crazy/unintelligent/backwards becuase I see nothing wrong with trying to rid our population of the massive amounts of illegal immigrants. How is it possible that people don't realize our society can not sustain the amount of illegal immigrants we have?
And you are correct....... "our society cannot sustain the amount of illegal immigrants we have," but maybe Arizona is going about it the wrong way.

This is the way I see it, but you do not have to agree with me:

Our government allowed them to come in, without any restrictions for over 3 years, even when multitude of Americans were calling to halt the influx........................and nothing was done, except to place a wall, in California, after the damage had been done, and some of our Border Patrol have become unable to do the job, due to corruption..........

Our government querry was that they are needed in this country to do ALL the jobs Americans are not willing to do, and to a certain extent that is correct. How many Americans are willing to break concrete in 100 plus temperatures................?

Now that they are already here..............allow them to enter the American mainstream, pay taxes, like all of us, and become citizens. Secure our borders, and stop the corruption at our borders. And speed up the process at the Immigration Offices, when people apply for a Visa, so they do not have to come here ILLEGALLY. That to me is a more reasonable and sensible approach, than trying to harrass them back into their country, without correcting the problem. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.............

Old 06-27-2010, 02:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Quote:
You've reinforced my point. If Los Angeles firmly believed in the merits of its own boycott, they would scrap the red light camera program. But since the program generate revenue for the city (if you're foolish enough to believe it's about driver safety, you've already sipped too much kool-aid and there's no hope for you) the city will make an exception. Furthermore, since the city receives roughly 1/3 of its electrical power from plants that are operating in Arizona, the city has a moral imperative, based on its own boycott, to stop doing business with these power plants. But that's not convenient, so they'll make an exception. Very morally sound, isn't it? What it does is highlights the pettiness, unprofessionalism, and downright immature mentality of the Los Angeles city leaders.

Lastly, you shouldn't try to put words in people's mouths. I never said a word about hating California. I would live somewhere else if I could, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's a great state that is unfortunately mis-managed by incompetent leadership. (and I use the word "leadership" in the most liberal of definitions.)

Just because I've pointed out some flaws with this state does not mean I hate it. Hopefully your knickers are a little less twisted now.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
You've reinforced my point. If Los Angeles firmly believed in the merits of its own boycott, they would scrap the red light camera program. But since the program generate revenue for the city (if you're foolish enough to believe it's about driver safety, you've already sipped too much kool-aid and there's no hope for you) the city will make an exception. Furthermore, since the city receives roughly 1/3 of its electrical power from plants that are operating in Arizona, the city has a moral imperative, based on its own boycott, to stop doing business with these power plants. But that's not convenient, so they'll make an exception. Very morally sound, isn't it? What it does is highlights the pettiness, unprofessionalism, and downright immature mentality of the Los Angeles city leaders.

Lastly, you shouldn't try to put words in people's mouths. I never said a word about hating California. I would live somewhere else if I could, but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's a great state that is unfortunately mis-managed by incompetent leadership. (and I use the word "leadership" in the most liberal of definitions.)

Just because I've pointed out some flaws with this state does not mean I hate it. Hopefully your knickers are a little less twisted now.
Los Angeles can do whatever it wants. The city decides what is in the best interest of its residents. There are no protests over the city's boycott of Arizona [in-fact the only protests are against Arizona]. We are not at the mercy of Arizona and can decide to do what we see fit in addressing the Arizona law. Now it is up to Arizona and my hunch is that it will back down just like it did over the Martin Luther King fiasco. Because in the end it is all about what is best for the people. The law as written is stupid and has resulted in a lot of negative attention onto Arizona.

The issue of securing the border is not being disputed since both Arizona and California would like the federal government to stop the flow of immigrants into our states. California is waiting for the feds to get the border secured [just like New Mexico and Texas]. Arizona wrote a dumb law that has actually backfired. Arizona, unfortunately seems to act in ways that suggest the people in charge are not very bright.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:56 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
We are not at the mercy of Arizona and can decide to do what we see fit in addressing the Arizona law.

The law as written is stupid and has resulted in a lot of negative attention onto Arizona.

Arizona wrote a dumb law that has actually backfired. Arizona, unfortunately seems to act in ways that suggest the people in charge are not very bright.
And California is firm in the reality that there is no law against delusion; and it shows!

Old 06-27-2010, 03:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,008,095 times
Perhaps you would be kind enough to cite specific examples of where the Arizona law is poorly written. It is, after all, derived directly from the federal law.
Now read and consider this:

Arizona Police Can Enforce Federal Immigration Law: Read The Case Law

Arizona already has the authority to enforce federal laws. It has been upheld time and time again by federal courts. But to quietly go about doing the duty of the federal government at the state's expense does not draw to the matter the degree of attention that was required.

Washington does not want to deal with this issue. They don't want any press being dedicated to the problems that have stemmed from illegal immigration. What they want is for us to quietly stand by and take it. What Arizona has done is defy the federal government and challenged them in front of a national audience to DO THEIR JOBS! It seems that the state is run by some pretty savvy people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California