Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:25 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times

Advertisements

I am positive that this Mormon Bishop wasn't the one that was knocking on your door Fontucky. Seems out of character to have Mormon Missionaries enter someones garage. Also turning you in for having a dog that bit them sounds out of character as well. Could they have been from another well known chuch that also likes to go out and knock on doors?

Old 08-29-2010, 08:25 PM

514 posts, read 686,964 times
Someone confused a Mormon for a Muslim?

Thinking about that, I wonder how many of the good Christians that went to that Beckalopolis in Washington DC know that Glenn Beck is a Mormon?

Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite View Post
Someone confused a Mormon for a Muslim?

Thinking about that, I wonder how many of the good Christians that went to that Beckalopolis in Washington DC know that Glenn Beck is a Mormon?
Mormon as in a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or a follower of Jesus Christ. How much more of a good Christian can you be then to be a Mormon?

Old 08-29-2010, 10:50 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Who illegally enter my garage while they do their door-to-door proselytizing, get bitten by my tied-up Doberman, then have the nerve to turn me into the county.

Someone who gets annoyed when proselytizers knock on my door and trespass on my property.
Dont buy that story for a second.....nice try.

Getting annoyed by 19 year old missionaries coming by your place is one thing, but being callous and jaded enough to take the time to enter a thread about a young father of 6 who was killed today just to make a wise crack is just plain demented.

Hopefully you feel like you've gotten sufficient revenge for someone calling the county on your chained up doberman....

Old 08-29-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what in Gods green earth is wrong with people today. We have always had a few of these nuts running around, but in the past 10 years or so it has gotten so much worse..

Prayers to the man's family.

Nita

It really is terrible, there are far to many lost people.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:55 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Could they have been from another well known chuch that also likes to go out and knock on doors?
Nope, definitely the Utah bunch.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:46 PM

99 posts, read 193,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Nope, definitely the Utah bunch.
I do not know if you're looking for cheap laughs but damn your comments are ignorant and I do not even have the vocabulary to express how rude and inhumane you are based on your statements. What are your limits or are you the annoying "sh*t happens" type of people that justifies everything on the spectrum that falls under the sun?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:03 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Anti-Mormon violence is nothing new, although the perps are almost always disgruntled Mormons, like Adam Swapp, who blew up a Mormon stake center (parish) due to his hatred of the LDS church. Given this history, a disgruntled Mormon was probably behind Bishop Sannar's murder (a suspect has been arrested but not identified.)

It's a good thing that despite the backlash against Mormons due to Prop 8 there has been no violence directed towards Mormons as a result.

BTW - the best way to keep Mormon missionaries away from your door is to tell them you're a Buddhist, as they can't say anything bad about Buddhism and Buddhism is really beyond their understanding. If you say you're an atheist, Wiccan, Satanist, etc. they'll lay a strong pitch on you to try to convert you. If you say you're a conventional Christian of any variety they'll try to say that their church has superseded all other forms of Christianity. If you say you're a Muslim they'd probably mention Joseph Smith's claim of being the "second Muhammad". Etc. etc. etc.

Telling Mormon missionaries that I was a Buddhist (although I'm not) has proven successful in deterring them.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 AM

^^not that I want to take away from the intent of the thread....but,
When Jehovah's Witnesses come to the door, and I tell them I'm Mormon, that works really well.
Really though, I have lots of respect for any people who give freely of their time and talents for what they believe in. Give respect and you will get it.
@fontucky - Its not just a Utah bunch, theres around a million in Ca

Old 08-30-2010, 12:27 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
There are MANY things that I detest about the Mormon Church, but that does not justify any violence towards Mormons.

However, I'm 98% sure that the suspect in this case is a disgruntled Mormon. Disgruntled Mormons are responsible for almost all anti-Mormon violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California