Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:44 PM

5 posts, read 36,272 times

Advertisements

Yes same agent as us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 PM

5 posts, read 36,272 times
Buyers asking $5000 or break deal. Can we claim deposit if they do not remove contigency as apparial and loan and inspection all contigency are removed. They are not signing it.

Please advise.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
For a specific like this, the contract would need to be reviewed by a legal professional in my opinion and you will have a better understanding of the process.

One word or nuance can change the entire meaning.

My limited experience is the Title Company will hold the deposit indefinitely unless both parties agree or there is a court order.

You certainly could throw a monkey wrench into the works if all contract contingencies have been met or signed-off and you instruct the Title/Escrow not to release the deposit.

I've used Dual Agency Agents and no problems... it can put the agent in an awkward position when it comes to negotiating on behalf of both parties.

Just a thought... you might want to ask for a meeting with the agent's broker to discuss the situation... I realize nothing may come of it... on the other hand, you will have an opportunity to consider your position as you hear what the Broker has to say.

I'm not a lawyer or broker... and City-Data.com does not offer legal advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: