Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,703,626 times

Advertisements

The law just banned it from making it mandatory for most businesses to use e-Verify, not the program itself.

That said, the program itself is flawed in that it isn't entirely accurate. So now, we are back to square one, in making the Federal government responsible while businesses will look the other way while hiring illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 09:38 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,698,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, it will still be easy to get that slave like labor. Awesome. Can't have those big dollar ag guys losing profits.
Just exactly what is "slave like labor" Here, is this slave like labor? Similar pay scale to field labor,

You guys crack me up. Do you think growers set prices?

I thought all you red blooded capitalists would have at least understood that the market sets prices.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,913,572 times
Default record deportation year

U.S. returns nearly 400,000 illegals in a record deportation year

U.S. deports nearly 400K in a year - a record - CBS News

just sayin'

Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 PM

Default stable owners insist foreign workers are needed for jobs that Americans refuse to do

no one wants illegal immigration ... I don't ... but 'till it's fixed sensible ... just sayin'

Belmont stable owners insist foreign workers are needed for dirty jobs that NYers refuse to do

Old 10-18-2011, 01:33 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,509,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
no one wants illegal immigration ... I don't ... but 'till it's fixed sensible ... just sayin'

Belmont stable owners insist foreign workers are needed for dirty jobs that NYers refuse to do
Who'd of thought... when business owners don't want to pay market driven wages, they claim only illegals who will work for below market want to work them.. Sorta how the H1B-Visa fraud got started. Like idiots, people buy this horesh*t and it makes their lives worse. You can't convince em otherwise.. So, why bother.. invest in the companies exploiting labor and profit .. Leave the fools to their consequences.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:41 PM

I've said this before and I'll say it again: a mass deportation of illegal immigrants would be a logistical nightmare. Just remember the controversy of Elian Gonzalez between the United States and the Cuba more than 10 years ago.

The illegal immigrants are so integrated in our economy and have been so for many decades. The California Dream Act that was recently passed is just one of the fixes to our illegal immigration problems. However, that doesn't mean I like it. I'm just being realistic about the problem we have on our hands instead of being rhetorical about it. Just my honest opinion.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Who'd of thought... when business owners don't want to pay market driven wages, they claim only illegals who will work for below market want to work them.. Sorta how the H1B-Visa fraud got started. Like idiots, people buy this horesh*t and it makes their lives worse. You can't convince em otherwise.. So, why bother.. invest in the companies exploiting labor and profit .. Leave the fools to their consequences.
Funny ... I didn't read anything in the article about what level of wages went with the jobs ... but it doesn't matter ... just a bunch of fools and idiots ... invest in the exploitation (that'll take care of it) ... too funny -- and predictable

Old 10-18-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Funny ... I didn't read anything in the article about what level of wages went with the jobs ... but it doesn't matter ... just a bunch of fools and idiots ... invest in the exploitation (that'll take care of it) ... too funny -- and predictable
If you can't point out to someone that something is bad for them .. Why waste your time? If they wan to be idiots and approve of something that only benefits wealthy business owners, f*ck em.. Go and invest in the business owners .. It will help offset the negative effect their policy endorsements have on your life.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again: a mass deportation of illegal immigrants would be a logistical nightmare. Just remember the controversy of Elian Gonzalez between the United States and the Cuba more than 10 years ago.

The illegal immigrants are so integrated in our economy and have been so for many decades. The California Dream Act that was recently passed is just one of the fixes to our illegal immigration problems. However, that doesn't mean I like it. I'm just being realistic about the problem we have on our hands instead of being rhetorical about it. Just my honest opinion.
-> Create a system e-verify that allows immigration status to be checked.
-> FORCE employees in the U.S to us it (make sure you actually use it)
-> Force verification of immigration status before a kid is allowed to attend K-12 and college
-> Force verification of immigration status when someone is given a ticket/convicted of a crime

(Identification) aspect .. discouraging aspect

When caught, subject them to labor in order to pay for their one-way ticket back home.. *puts the costs on the criminal. There is nothing hard about deporting anyone.. Bureaucratic b.s just makes it hard. I remember quite fondly the Elian Gonzalez horsesh*t as I am from FL.. There was nothing complicated about the matter except for the hoards of idiots Cubans in miami who decided to try to create a revolution in the streets of Miami ... Which is why you don't allow unregulated immigration.. once they get a strong hold over things, given that we live in a free/democratic country, they show their a$$es..

Where is Elian right now? That's what I thought.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
-> Create a system e-verify that allows immigration status to be checked.
-> FORCE employees in the U.S to us it (make sure you actually use it)
-> Force verification of immigration status before a kid is allowed to attend K-12 and college
-> Force verification of immigration status when someone is given a ticket/convicted of a crime

(Identification) aspect .. discouraging aspect

When caught, subject them to labor in order to pay for their one-way ticket back home.. *puts the costs on the criminal. There is nothing hard about deporting anyone.. Bureaucratic b.s just makes it hard. I remember quite fondly the Elian Gonzalez horsesh*t as I am from FL.. There was nothing complicated about the matter except for the hoards of idiots Cubans in miami who decided to try to create a revolution in the streets of Miami ... Which is why you don't allow unregulated immigration.. once they get a strong hold over things, given that we live in a free/democratic country, they show their a$$es..

Where is Elian right now? That's what I thought.
No need to get a little defensive, yeahthatguy. We both came to a cordial agreement and have learned to respect each other, no matter how different our opinions may be. That was several weeks ago. I'd rather not ruin that.

As for the illegal immigration problem and using e-Verify -- I continue to be enrolled in the program and will use it to help me determine a prospective applicant's eligibility status -- but cautiously, as the program can be prone to errors.

As for the Elian Gonzalez, I was merely making a statement on how messy and controversial it can be when deporting an illegal immigrant from the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California