Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 985 times

Advertisements

i was a live in caregiver for an elderly woman with parkinsons. she decided to go to an assisted living.i have a contract stating in which case she went into a home that i was to get 60 days to move and 2000 severence pay so i can move.her son who thinks he has power of attorney(she said he does not) is first refusing to pay me the money agreed apon and hes been trying to make me move now.i went and saw the owner and she again says i get 60 days and 2000. on june 1st the son gives me 200 and a 3 day pay or quit notice. today june 11th a 3 day notice to quit premises. my question is what does he do next? dont i get a 30 day notice in writing and then he files for an unlawful detainer? what about the owner whom he only has the ok to do her banking.she said 60 days. and what about the money? how do i move? this was the reason for the agreement in the first place. i also have a writen witness to the contract and a witness when i went to see the owner in the assisted living home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowryjenn View Post
i was a live in caregiver for an elderly woman with parkinsons. she decided to go to an assisted living.i have a contract stating in which case she went into a home that i was to get 60 days to move and 2000 severence pay so i can move.her son who thinks he has power of attorney(she said he does not) is first refusing to pay me the money agreed apon and hes been trying to make me move now.i went and saw the owner and she again says i get 60 days and 2000. on june 1st the son gives me 200 and a 3 day pay or quit notice. today june 11th a 3 day notice to quit premises. my question is what does he do next? dont i get a 30 day notice in writing and then he files for an unlawful detainer? what about the owner whom he only has the ok to do her banking.she said 60 days. and what about the money? how do i move? this was the reason for the agreement in the first place. i also have a writen witness to the contract and a witness when i went to see the owner in the assisted living home.
What you do is: go see a lawyer.
What you don't do (if you are smart): is ask these questions on an anonymous forum. (Unless, of course, you are just trolling ... in which case this is the perfect spot for your hijinks.)

Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,972,924 times
The interwebs is hard.

This time, try setting your googlin' device to "legal advice websites" instead of "city based bulletin board forums".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California