Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 09:01 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Which species listed above exerts more destruction unto any and all species?

Which species has the capacity to care for the other and does so compassionately on a regular basis? Dogs makes Neanderthal man look sophisticated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 09:42 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Which species has the capacity to care for the other and does so compassionately on a regular basis? Dogs makes Neanderthal man look sophisticated.
I agree: dogs take better care of people than people do for dogs. Or wait, did I misunderstand your first sentence's intent?

No matter.

And Neanderthals were sophisticated compared to modern man. Which one has totally pooped the bed he sleeps in??

Old 10-11-2014, 03:39 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I agree. I don't care whether they've been owned by a thug or by a sweet old lady; they are unpredictable because of their breeding. Just because you raise that dog to be a loving pet doesn't mean that one day it will snap. How many times have we seen or heard that pit bull owner say, "He's never done this before!"
That's happened with many types of dogs, including Rottweilers, German Shephards, Dobermans, Chow-Chow's, etc. Any large, powerful dog can inflict great bodily damage on a person (or another dog) is so inclined.

In my experience, I've encountered more vicious, aggressive Chihuahuas than I have Pit-bulls or other 'menacing' types of dogs, but the Chihuahua is not likely to cause much harm, so it's temperament and aggressive mien get overlooked.

And in regards to Pitbulls -- many reports of 'pit bull' attacks don't even involve actual pit bulls, meaning American Pitbull Terriers; often, they involve a dog that 'looks like' a pit bull -- or at least what a pit bull looks like to the observer; -- so the attack gets labeled as a pit-bull-related attack.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:40 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I notice a lot of Pitbull owners take pride in how vicious their Pitbulls are by training their Pitbulls to attack objects that resembles a person. How do you think those Pitbulls would behave when the see people that look like rag dolls they attack for training.
I notice a lot of 'Pit Bulls' working as service dogs.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I agree: dogs take better care of people than people do for dogs. Or wait, did I misunderstand your first sentence's intent?

No matter.

And Neanderthals were sophisticated compared to modern man. Which one has totally pooped the bed he sleeps in??

Ok, a picture is emerging: you on all fours as you feed from the bowl that your pooch has laid out for you to feed from. You are lucky to have such a good dog/master.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...373-mandog.jpg

Last edited by StreetLegal; 10-11-2014 at 11:11 PM..

Old 10-11-2014, 11:17 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Default Stay on topic, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
No. Pitbulls are different. A pitbull took my dog down by the neck & would have ripped her apart if my husband had not dropped his knee and his full weight on that dog's neck to stop it's tearing, ripping motions. It did not loosen its grip on my dog until I dumped water on it. The attack was unprovoked. Pitbulls are dangerous.
Bump. I felt all dogs were the same until this happened. I'll never forget the way my dog moaned in pain and fear or the look in her eyes. So debate on. The topic of this thread was pitbulls and responsible ownership of pitbulls, nothing else.

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 10-11-2014 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: Trying to keep thread on topic

Old 10-12-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Ok, a picture is emerging: you on all fours as you feed from the bowl that your pooch has laid out for you to feed from. You are lucky to have such a good dog/master.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...373-mandog.jpg
The better pictures are:
Me sleeping soundly with windows open, doors unlocked, dog curled up alongside, ears cocked, one eye open.
Me, head in hands in grief, with dog licking my face.
Me setting bills aside on my desk to throw the frisbee for a three-legged dog who thinks this throw is the very best throw he's ever enjoyed in his entire life.

I'll gladly eat from a bowl on the floor alongside this friend.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:25 AM

^^^Well Tulemutt, glad you like your dog. I've got family members who have dogs and enjoy it. They are responsible dog owners so I can respect that.

It is the irresponsible dog owners I have issues with.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
^^^Well Tulemutt, glad you like your dog. I've got family members who have dogs and enjoy it. They are responsible dog owners so I can respect that.

It is the irresponsible dog owners I have issues with.
Irresponsible is irresponsible. Dog owners or otherwise. I'd say that is an issue with humanity at large. Insert "dog" - pull out red herring.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:25 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Yes, it was ACTUALLY Corgis that jumped and murdered the gentle and very-humanlike Lamas:

When deputies arrived, three alpacas had already been killed and a fourth was being chased by the pit bulls

Pit bulls kill four alpacas in Hartland | wivb.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California