Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 08:55 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
"Have you ever taken a look at these anti-abortion people? Take a look at them. Don't you find it mildly ironic that most of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't want to F--- in the first place?" -- George Carlin
^ THIS best CD post of the week for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Assemblywoman Shannon Grove says the drought is God's punishment for abortion.
Alrighty then... what did Texas do to get Him all upset to cause those record floods?

Old 06-14-2015, 12:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Some people should be seen and not heard. I have to wonder about the sanity of any pubic figure who would let those words come out of their mouth. I want to punch her for being so stupid..

Old 06-14-2015, 02:08 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some people should be seen and not heard. I have to wonder about the sanity of any pubic figure who would let those words come out of their mouth. I want to punch her for being so stupid.
Thank you -- for so clearly demonstrating once again, that within the psyche of every "progressive", there lies a closeted Fascist, ready to resort to the use of force, censorship, or even outright violence, in order to impose your ideology on everyone else.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:05 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some people should be seen and not heard. I have to wonder about the sanity of any pubic figure who would let those words come out of their mouth. I want to punch her for being so stupid..
I'm grateful these idiots -and their enablers- keep opening their mouths, just as a reminder of how backwards our culture has become.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:07 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Thank you -- for so clearly demonstrating once again, that within the psyche of every "progressive", there lies a closeted Fascist, ready to resort to the use of force, censorship, or even outright violence, in order to impose your ideology on everyone else.
Right, because Ceese or anyone for that matter represents "every 'progressive'". Or wanting to punch someone in the face is equal to being a "closeted Fascist, ready to resort to the use of force, censorship, or even outright violence, in order to impose your ideology on everyone else". But c'mon, this Congresswoman is clearly in double digit IQ range.

You want to step up your game and lower the hyperbole, not the other way.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:50 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
I'm grateful these idiots -and their enablers- keep opening their mouths, just as a reminder of how backwards our culture has become.
We welcome the Teabaggers' witty, bitingly sharp satire. They play along so well, keeping a straight face when they blurt out this stuff in public with erstwhile abandon, we almost are led to think they actually believe what they say.
That, or this god they speak of is oddly selective.

Old 06-16-2015, 11:56 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Oh noes, there's more.

Tourists strip, a sacred mountain shakes and Malaysia gets very angry - The Washington Post

Old 06-16-2015, 01:35 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some people just can't handle nakedness.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:16 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I was referring to the "global warming" crowd's blind subservience to the theory.

Of course most "climate scientists" accept -- because the definition usually assumes that most changes in climate (which may cover a much longer time than that for which reliable data exist) are automatically due to human activity. Other possibilities, such as partial occlusion of the sun due to volcanic activity, are sometimes conveniently ignored.

I readily accept that the climate changes -- has done so before and will again; consider for example, the point that the Sahara Desert had more rainfall at one time (but lost it before fossil-fuel -- the culprit and whipping-boy of choice) - came into widespread use.

And nobody seems to want to address the idea of "global cooling" which was a popular topic of "armchair science" less than two generations ago.

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...ice-age-scare/

The global-warming hysteria was engineered with a specific purpose in mind -- to turn the workings of an economy regulated by the free exchange of both resources and human opinion over to a clique of elitists and their bureaucratic sycophants.

In the end, there may be a grain of scientific reason behind the global warming theory. But it is the alarmists' continuous trumpeting that they must have more POWER to do something NOW (even though they're not exactly sure what) that continues to fuel this writer's skepticism.
So what evidence would you accept as proof of global warming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California