Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 07:49 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,676,553 times

Advertisements

Saw this on the news and was disgusted. I am a gay man, before anyone starts throwing punches.

We live where it's 2k for a 1br, pay $5/gal for gas, just to see and additional 10-15% of our income go to the state for ***** like this.

So a tranny in prison can be "herself". You've gotta be kidding me.

Another reason I'm so ready to GTF outta here.

Let's not get nasty, I'm just saying. How can anyone not think that's ridiculous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 08:11 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,996,062 times
can you link an article?

Old 08-12-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
can you link an article?
It was just on the NBC4 news.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
It was just on the NBC4 news.

"After Gov. Jerry Brown paroled one inmate who requested tax dollars pay for a sexual reassignment surgery, it seems the state is on the hook for another. California reached a settlement with a second inmate to pay for the surgery."

This is a state issue...you should put this in the CA forum.

And here is the story

Old 08-12-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
can you link an article?
In a first, California agrees to pay for transgender inmate's sex reassignment - LA Times

He/she/it is a convicted murderer. First degree. I didn't realize that until I researched the article you requested, and now am seriously sick to my stomach.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:50 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,644,009 times
Richard Speck back in the 60s tortured, and killed 8 student nurses in chicago. While in prison had started to have sex change procedures done and there was a program on it. Once the state of Illinois was informed they voted to shut down the money from this abuse. Seems like the devil runs most of the show in California and makes me wonder what are people are thinking out there. People homeless and starving yet theres money for trannys in prison. Maybe the state should drop of into the Pacific and put it out of its misery.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:56 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,899,225 times
well, the only people who are guaranteed healthcare by the constitution, are prisoners. Free housing and food too. So, if you object to high rent, the place is open to everybody. And I don't think california prisons are crowded by transsexuals...

Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
So, if you object to high rent, the place is open to everybody.
I do object, and am right the hell outta here, ASAP. Let the next sucker rent this apartment I'm leaving for 2k in rent while I'm sitting in a 3k square foot house on an acre.

Quote:
And I don't think california prisons are crowded by transsexuals...
What does this have anything to do with it?

I'm LGBT, and fully support any cause. But, our tax dollars paying for a MURDERER to be Caitlyn Jenner? Really? I'm so ready to move away and go back to reality.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
well, the only people who are guaranteed healthcare by the constitution, are prisoners. Free housing and food too. So, if you object to high rent, the place is open to everybody. And I don't think california prisons are crowded by transsexuals...
Also, from reading the article. It seems that it was cheaper/wiser to settle the case then lose in federal court and have to pay more money if she committed suicide inside the jail.

"California's settlement and Norsworthy's parole allow the state to avoid for now the danger of a higher court ruling putting sex-change surgeries on par with other medical procedures, with implications beyond the state's prisons."

It also seems that there was a case in April that set a precedent for this to happen.

"In both instances, California prison officials had denied the surgeries, arguing that sex reassignment was not medically necessary. The state's position was undermined in June when its own expert concluded that Quine required the operation".

Edit: I also have to add that if this would have gone to federal court and CA loss, then this would be the standard in every state.

Last edited by jamills21; 08-12-2015 at 09:33 PM..

Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Edit: I also have to add that if this would have gone to federal court and CA loss, then this would be the standard in every state.
I respectfully disagree. There is no way that any state would pass this, other than here. MAYBE New York, but even then I seriously doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California