Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 01:30 PM

14 posts, read 14,739 times

Advertisements

So I hear everyone is leaving their state to come to Texas especially from California. I'm curious since there is a "drought" in Cali what happened when everyone leaves and pile up in Texas? Won't it eventually just become another California over crowded? I know some may also argue about the earth quakes Or fires but Texas has floods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 04:20 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktopia View Post
So I hear everyone is leaving their state to come to Texas especially from California. I'm curious since there is a "drought" in Cali what happened when everyone leaves and pile up in Texas? Won't it eventually just become another California over crowded? I know some may also argue about the earth quakes Or fires but Texas has floods.
What is Cali? Isn't that in South America?

And you heard wrong.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:24 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Who said Californians are moving to TX in large numbers? More typically, they're moving to the NW; Portland, and the Puget Sound region, some to eastern WA.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said Californians are moving to TX in large numbers? More typically, they're moving to the NW; Portland, and the Puget Sound region, some to eastern WA.
Most people I have talked to since I have been living here in Houston are out of towners as such as myself. Even the store G.M. where I worked is from pinsacola Fl, but overall I've been running into folks lately from Cali and they mentioned why they moved due to high cost of living and drought to be one of them. I mean there are people from other states flocking here too but its just I hear more of Cali folks.

If you search and compare Cali vs Texas Texas is like the best place to live hands down. Now speaking from experience coming from Illinois born and raised moving to Houston I can honestly say was a better move on my end because I found jobs quicker and the rent is a lil bit cheaper.

I have family living in Cali as well and I was thinking about moving there one day myself after graduation and getting enough money.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:16 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Quote:
I have family living in Cali as well and I was thinking about moving there one day myself after graduation and getting enough money.
Calling it Cali is like calling it Texass.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:29 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
Quote:
I am a Californian living in OR and apparently Californians have ALL fled to OR! Lol. I do think more Californians have left for Texas then Oregon but I don't have the stats. Google is great for finding those kinds of stats. I don't know if most Californians actually prefer Texas to their home state but the the lower cost of living must be nice. And Californians don't say Cali. ��

Last edited by Yankeemama; 05-22-2016 at 08:14 PM..

Old 05-22-2016, 07:34 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,778 times
Quote:
Yes, everyone from California and every other State is moving to Texas, just as you did two whole years ago. There will be endless arguments about drought, earthquakes, fires, and floods. It will be Armageddon.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
Yes, everyone from California and every other State is moving to Texas, just as you did two whole years ago. There will be endless arguments about drought, earthquakes, fires, and floods. It will be Armageddon.
Lol I feel you...my move to Texas was suppose to be just a temporary visit but it turned to be long term. I'm still searching for that place I can just sit still and die old at.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Most people I have talked to since I have been living here in Houston are out of towners as such as myself. Even the store G.M. where I worked is from pinsacola Fl, but overall I've been running into folks lately from Cali and they mentioned why they moved due to high cost of living and drought to be one of them. I mean there are people from other states flocking here too but its just I hear more of Cali folks.

If you search and compare Cali vs Texas Texas is like the best place to live hands down. Now speaking from experience coming from Illinois born and raised moving to Houston I can honestly say was a better move on my end because I found jobs quicker and the rent is a lil bit cheaper.

They moved from CA to TX to get away from the drought? Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire! It makes no sense. I guess the smart Californians moved to the NW. Sounds like TX got the not-so-bright ones (present company excepted). Or the broke ones; TX was all they could afford. I wonder how they're enjoying the summer A/C bills.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:21 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Why would people leave because of the drought? It's not like theres no water coming out of the kitchen faucet when you turn it on. So some people's lawns are a little browner now... that's a reason to pick up and move to another state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: