Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,933,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've got enough supplies to never buy again in my lifetime.
Good for you. Any California gun enthusiast who doesn't has NOT been paying attention. I know I'll never need to buy ammo again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,072,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
As a veteran, you should know that you fought for my (actually all of our) rights. Friends of mine have fought and died for my (actually all of our) rights.
Yes, I agree.

However, I do not agree that there cannot be any restrictions whatsoever on firearms. That's just stupid.

And Antonin Scalia agrees with me (agreed, since he passed away recently). He was a hunter and a firearm owner, and a pro-life social conservative. He was on the Supreme Court. He wrote in DC vs Heller 2008 that, while it is a right of individuals to own firearms, the 2nd Amendment IS NOT UNLIMITED, and it is legal to place reasonable restrictions on weapons owned by the public.

You also have the right, under the US Constitution, to move to another state which places fewer restrictions on weapons.

You guys do need to accept that the laws in California regarding weapons are the way they are because the vast majority of us in this state support it. We the People.

Quote:
Now, with a single swipe of a pen Jerry Brown has taken some of them away.
Not Jerry Brown. The Legislature voted on bills and passed them, and Jerry Brown endorsed them, making them law. That is normal, legal process, and all of it was in accordance with the state Constitution and federal Constitution.

Quote:
I don't know what proof you want, but here's me last week.
Huh? I was asking you for proof that your rights have been taken away. Was legislation passed that says you can no longer own a weapon in California? No. Was a law passed that says you cannot defend yourself? No.

So what's your problem?

Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lots of veterans aren't gun nuts. I did two tours in Vietnam. Melted barrels off M-60's. Fired probably 10x if not 100x more rounds than all posters on this board combined. I'm not a gun nut. Guns suck. I do still own several. Just in case the gun nuts ever get fresh with me
According to many on this forum, you must be lying about your service, since you support reasonable restrictions on firearms. lol. They think that anybody who supports gun control to any degree must never have served in the military and never touched a firearm.

Thanks for your service btw.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Good for you. Any California gun enthusiast who doesn't has NOT been paying attention. I know I'll never need to buy ammo again.
Another FBI report.

It is reasonable to be concerned about civilians amassing large quantities of ammunition. Normal people, who do not have mental issues, would not do that.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:11 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,864,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Another FBI report.

It is reasonable to be concerned about civilians amassing large quantities of ammunition. Normal people, who do not have mental issues, would not do that.
Normal people wouldn't be satisfied renting a room and having roommates at your age.

You wouldn't understand having an expensive hobby and wanting to save money when participating in that hobby, or insuring that you can continue in that hobby. Ammo prices will surely go up dramatically in 2018 if the Safety for All act is approved. And LGS prices are already 50% higher than online. I don't want to stockpile a lot of ammo, but it will save me thousands of dollars if I do. I know plenty of people who aren't gun nuts, who are stockpiling ammo solely for the cost savings and expected difficulty in obtaining it in the future. 5500 rounds of 9mm, .38 Special, and .22LR per year are enough to cover our range needs in the part of the year we live in our house here. Wife thinks stockpiling 4x that amount would be good.

If it turns out that good ammo deals at gun shows and laxammo.com become unavailable, I might have to stockpile even more.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Normal people wouldn't be satisfied renting a room and having roommates at your age.
Normal people wouldn't buy large amounts of ammunition.

Quote:
Ammo prices will surely go up dramatically in 2018 if the Safety for All act is approved.
Good. That should bring the gun violence rate down a bit.

Quote:
I know plenty of people who aren't gun nuts, who are stockpiling ammo
Mutually exclusive statements.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:39 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrebutarrogant View Post
normal people wouldn't be satisfied renting a room and having roommates at your age.
lol

Old 07-07-2016, 04:06 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Normal people wouldn't buy large amounts of ammunition.

Good. That should bring the gun violence rate down a bit.

Mutually exclusive statements.
Most mass shootings only involve limited ammo. Not thousands of rounds, don't kid yourself. Come on man. No one can even carry that much, it's just stupid.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:08 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Another FBI report.

You'll be on THEIR watch list if you keep with all your paranoia. If they know you have a gun and are mentally ill, that's the people they want to watch.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most mass shootings only involve limited ammo. Not thousands of rounds, don't kid yourself. Come on man. No one can even carry that much, it's just stupid.
A tax on ammunition is for other problems besides mass shootings. I said it should lower the gun violence rate.

With mass shootings, we're concerned about making sure people who should not have a firearm do not get one, and also about trying to make sure it is more difficult for civilians to get weapons that are great for mass shootings but do not have a self defense application.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California