Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 06:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornincali View Post
Uhh no. We are in debt in because we pay billions to the feds and don't get anywhere near that back. Meanwhile red states are sucking the government teat.
Billions to the Fed in income taxes for The Presidency and all involved, the Senate and all involved, the House and all involved, courts, defense, federal services, Parks, UN, etc. Being the most populous it is inevitable. However it means very little to the average person in CA as the Fed rates are the same for all tax payers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 07:31 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,730,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfkeowl View Post
CA would pay the remaining states for defense. Washington state won't be leaving with you, they aren't going to agree to pickup the massive tab you owe either.

Actually what would be likely after the exit, is CA would soon blow up, be unable to pay for basic services like Police and Fire, and see a major migration of people back to the USA. The USA would offer to pay down CA debts but extract concessions for admittance back in the Union.

Ocean front property all over CA would be very affordable after all of that.
Now I'm hoping even more for calexit

Old 11-25-2016, 11:21 PM

269 posts, read 247,561 times
The Trump election gives me more hope than I've had in eight years! Kick all the illegals out! I'm Mexican heritage myself, but I have ZERO tolerance for illegals.

I think Trump will put an end to the Saudi's purposely flooding our markets with cheap oil in an attempt to put our own oil companies out of business. My husband hasn't worked in close to two years and I am now hopeful American drilling will pick up again.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:16 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,784,618 times
Fact: California has a higher rate of poverty than any other state or the District Of Columbia.

California Has Highest Rate Of Poverty In The Nation, According To U.S. Census Bureau | The Huffington Post

Forbes Welcome

And it has been like that for years.

California Has Highest Rate Of Poverty In The Nation, According To U.S. Census Bureau | The Huffington Post

Just think, almost 1/4th of California residents are living in poverty now.

Hopefully Trump will be able to get things moving again, and lower the misery of poverty from many of these poor people.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:25 AM

26,764 posts, read 26,880,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What do you expect will happen?
More smog in L.A.

"The auto industry will surely seek adjustments to federal regulations that force them to build cleaner, less polluting cars, and want to push deadlines into the future..."
Under Trump, fuel economy standards for cars and trucks may be scaled back - LA Times

Old 11-26-2016, 09:18 AM

50,429 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Man, you sure are deplorable! 100%, that's too much deplorability!
I think it's over 100% now

Old 11-26-2016, 10:52 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,731,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfkeowl View Post
CA would pay the remaining states for defense. Washington state won't be leaving with you, they aren't going to agree to pickup the massive tab you owe either.

Actually what would be likely after the exit, is CA would soon blow up, be unable to pay for basic services like Police and Fire, and see a major migration of people back to the USA. The USA would offer to pay down CA debts but extract concessions for admittance back in the Union.

Ocean front property all over CA would be very affordable after all of that.
I don't know... Washington is comprised of two VERY different places... those in King County and Olympia and the rest of the State. Almost to a last one my friends outside these areas are greatly bothered by King County...

On so many issues the Governors of Oregon, Washington and California are in lockstep... even when petitioning the Federal Government...

My time in Olympia reminds me of Berkeley California... the military protests, riots when the troops were coming home, street people, counter culture etc... just like Berkeley...

Old 11-26-2016, 12:47 PM

371 posts, read 338,270 times
Oldtrader: that is true. The central valley, especially the western side, is in a sorry state indeed. The mess is as follows.

Proposition 13 and similar tax breaks for old time land/homeowners

Encouragement of surburban sprawl...which then precipitated the housing crash.

Public funding subsidizing an overextended agricultural system...which is now buckling under drought and the simple fact that various folks promised more water than was available. Few folk want to live in the dust bowl. Thankfully fokks fought corporate interests that would have thrown the Delta under the bus.

Right now we are out of the deficit and paying off the debt. The stuff that got us into debt are decidedly right wing things to do.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
More smog in L.A.

"The auto industry will surely seek adjustments to federal regulations that force them to build cleaner, less polluting cars, and want to push deadlines into the future..."
Under Trump, fuel economy standards for cars and trucks may be scaled back - LA Times
You do realize that the emissions emitted now by cars is only 2% of what it was in the 70"s? When you hear we need a 50% reduction they are exaggerating the 1% they still want to change.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornincali View Post
Oldtrader: that is true. The central valley, especially the western side, is in a sorry state indeed. The mess is as follows.

Proposition 13 and similar tax breaks for old time land/homeowners

Encouragement of surburban sprawl...which then precipitated the housing crash.

Public funding subsidizing an overextended agricultural system...which is now buckling under drought and the simple fact that various folks promised more water than was available. Few folk want to live in the dust bowl. Thankfully fokks fought corporate interests that would have thrown the Delta under the bus.

Right now we are out of the deficit and paying off the debt. The stuff that got us into debt are decidedly right wing things to do.
You do realize the major cause of the housing crisis was the left wing insistence that houses and mortgages be given to anyone, even with no proof of income. Freddy and Fanny May were given over to huge abuse. Oh and Wall Street that donated so much to ..... Hillary, as they support the Left and benefit from it. Both parties contributed to it because, .... stupid people put ideology ahead of common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California