Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 09:44 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,723,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Apparently knowing "big words" doesn't allow you to be able to afford a home in California, but it does give you the capability to complain about it on City-Data.
I could buy a home in cash in the conservative areas of the state like Fresno but once again I bring up how ****ty places run with a conservative agenda are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 09:47 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Right, a 40 minute "quick grammer typo".

I know what you said, and I'm pointing out why your point is a non-sequitur at best. You claimed "Conservatives don't support affordable housing either" and brought up some conservative areas to which I replied "Well duh", affordable housing is a democrat championed policy. Why would they support it?

That's like saying "Well conservatives don't support a progressive tax." Okay, so?

You're not adding anything substantial to this topic, at all. But I look forward to more brilliant quips from you such as "Water is wet" and "The sky is blue."
Still confused about what a time stamp is, wow....

Yes because you tried to argue against the notion that people of all ideologies can be NIMBY's and imply it was just liberals that don't want affordable housing. Do you have a really short attention span or something and not remember the things you say?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:50 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
I could buy a home in cash in the conservative areas of the state like Fresno but once again I bring up how ****ty places run with a conservative agenda are.
I don't get your logic.

You claim that conservative policies create more affordable homes, and that those policies are "****ty".

But in your other threads, you complain night and day about how home prices in democrat areas are completely unaffordable for you, even though you are "in the top 10% of millennials", whatever that means, and that you wish there would be a crash so you could actually afford to buy a home.

So if democrat policies are so great, why then is a self proclaimed Top 10% millennial like yourself locked out of the market? Please explain.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post

Yes because you tried to argue against the notion that people of all ideologies can be NIMBY's
That's an argument YOU made up. Who is confused now? Show me where I said ONLY democrats can be NIMBYs.

You're literally making up arguments because I logically backed you into a corner.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I don't get your logic.

You claim that conservative policies create more affordable homes, and that those policies are "****ty".

But in your other threads, you complain night and day about how home prices in democrat areas are completely unaffordable for you, even though you are "in the top 10% of millennials", whatever that means, and that you wish there would be a crash so you could actually afford to buy a home.

So if democrat policies are so great, why then is a self proclaimed Top 10% millennial like yourself locked out of the market? Please explain.
Because Democrats and their policies make places so great and bring such demand for business who want to access those great places that it leads to economic booms.
Fresno and Mobile Alabama have conservative policies and I don't seem start ups clamoring to start there.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Because Democrats and their policies make places so great and bring such demand for business who want to access those great places that it leads to economic booms.
Fresno and Mobile Alabama have conservative policies and I don't seem start ups clamoring to start there.
Democrat policies create economic booms vs Republican policies?

Old 02-02-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Democrat policies create economic booms vs Republican policies?
Too bad those Texas jobs are poor paying relative to their California counterparts.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:01 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
That's an argument YOU made up. Who is confused now? Show me where I said ONLY democrats can be NIMBYs.

You're literally making up arguments because I logically backed you into a corner.
I never said you claimed "only democrats" can be NIMBY's. But this is how you responded when someone pointed out people of all ideologies can be:
Quote:
In the Bay Area and Los Angeles, it's overwhelmingly Democrat NIMBYs who oppose low income housing. It's not even close.
For some going on about logic its kind of stupid to even say something like this. Well of course given both areas are overwhelmingly democrat to begin with. Speaking of pointing out things like the sky being blue or water being wet....

Old 02-02-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I never said you claimed "only democrats" can be NIMBY's. But this is how you responded when someone pointed out people of all ideologies can be:
you said:

Quote:
Yes because you tried to argue against the notion that people of all ideologies can be NIMBY's
Where did I make that argument?

Quote:
For some going on about logic its kind of stupid to even say something like this. Well of course given both areas are overwhelmingly democrat to begin with.
PRECISELY. Democrats in those areas are hypocrites. They champion the affordable housing cause EXCEPT in their own backyards.

See how that works? I can hold your hand again if you want.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
For some going on about logic its kind of stupid to even say something like this. Well of course given both areas are overwhelmingly democrat to begin with. Speaking of pointing out things like the sky being blue or water being wet....
There doesn't need to be NIMBYS in conservative areas because no one wants to live there if they have any other choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California