Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 04:10 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
And that means that it's clean and safe??? Ride it, every day, all routes, at all times of the day and night. It is GROSS. My SIL is a professional. He rode it every day for the past 4 years because he had to & he hated it.
It's sure as hell a lot cleaner and safer than what you described.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 06:14 PM

787 posts, read 644,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I certainly do but do you see or are in an auto accident the vast majority of time you are driving on the road? The vast majority of time BART is perfectly fine to take and statistics reflect that. Horrific things happen on the road too so maybe you shouldn't even leave the house.

You can feel what you want but according to the most recent survey only 14% of user are dissatisfied with BART.

That's fine, it's rather pointless to converse with someone that wants to completely ignore facts anyways.

Stay safe out there!
You dont have facts, you just repeated statistics any reasonable intelligent understands are very flawed.

It's funny to hear you drop the old "why bother leaving the house" line on me, it's something I drop on people almost daily.

The conversation ends here more than anything because you are arguing something that no one, at least not me, has even contradicted, so no point going in circles. Saying a subway system is gross and can be dangerous is in no way equivalent to saying said subway station is "too dangerous to use", and until that translation is reference-able and established as fact, you're just going to have to settle for being off base and jumping to erroneous conclusions. I had hoped you'd catch on to such a disprepancy in your argument but apparently I have to spell it out for you.

Opinions vs opinions is an argument that neither side will win. If you reply to this you won't get a reply back, this is again, the final word on this discussion between us.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:10 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
It's sure as hell a lot cleaner and safer than what you described.

I'm done, enjoy your ride!

Old 02-11-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
You dont have facts, you just repeated statistics any reasonable intelligent understands are very flawed.

It's funny to hear you drop the old "why bother leaving the house" line on me, it's something I drop on people almost daily.

The conversation ends here more than anything because you are arguing something that no one, at least not me, has even contradicted, so no point going in circles. Saying a subway system is gross and can be dangerous is in no way equivalent to saying said subway station is "too dangerous to use", and until that translation is reference-able and established as fact, you're just going to have to settle for being off base and jumping to erroneous conclusions. I had hoped you'd catch on to such a disprepancy in your argument but apparently I have to spell it out for you.

Opinions vs opinions is an argument that neither side will win. If you reply to this you won't get a reply back, this is again, the final word on this discussion between us.
Umm stastics are facts!

Maybe this will help you out: Statistics | Define Statistics at Dictionary.com

Considering what little percentage of BART riders are overall dissatisfied with the system (14%), which is another FACT, and how low the actual crime rate (another FACT) is on BART you can feel whatever you want but facts show most people are not nearly as dramatic as you are about the system.

You shouldn't reply back b/c all you have is your anecdotal opinion. Facts are not simply not on your side here. You said you were done before yet here you are again lol.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I'm done, enjoy your ride!
Great, hyperbolic rants get tiresome rather quickly!

Old 02-13-2017, 07:05 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
You basically live up to the term, "blinded by bias".

He could have been in the closet creating the cure for cancer, or he could have been in the closet sleeping on taxpayer money. I know which one is much more likely. It's sad that you do not.
What you apparently don't know is that the break room is an open space that functions like a collective and can be accessed by every BART janitors.

It seems rather unlikely that the guy would use that room to sleep when there are always workers going in and out of that room. That's like sleeping in your company's conference room. It's possibly but just not likely.

But hey, don't let logic get in the way shall we?

Old 02-13-2017, 07:07 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OC View Post
Seriously...?

I am all for innocent until proven guilty, but I also don't have to invent hypotheticals for what the janitor "might have been" doing for hours on end in the storage room.

Because your crystal ball is always 100% correct right?

Tell me, which stock is going to pop in March?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
What you apparently don't know is that the break room is an open space that functions like a collective and can be accessed by every BART janitors.

It seems rather unlikely that the guy would use that room to sleep when there are always workers going in and out of that room. That's like sleeping in your company's conference room. It's possibly but just not likely.

But hey, don't let logic get in the way shall we?
The supply closet is now a "break room"?

Old 02-14-2017, 10:56 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
The supply closet is now a "break room"?
He obviously did not read the original link

"A BART janitor in San Francisco who raked in $271,000 in a single year, based largely on overtime work, was captured on video disappearing into a storage closet at one of the stops and—at times- spending hours a day there.
KTVU requested surveillance video to observe how Liang Zhao Zhang would spend his marathon, 17-hour work day. At one point, the channel reported that Zhang entered the closet twice in one shift, once for 54 minutes and the other for 90 minutes."

Hey it is OK he was just taking a 2 1/2 hour break ... with pay at overtime.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:59 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
He obviously did not read the original link

"A BART janitor in San Francisco who raked in $271,000 in a single year, based largely on overtime work, was captured on video disappearing into a storage closet at one of the stops and—at times- spending hours a day there.
KTVU requested surveillance video to observe how Liang Zhao Zhang would spend his marathon, 17-hour work day. At one point, the channel reported that Zhang entered the closet twice in one shift, once for 54 minutes and the other for 90 minutes."

Hey it is OK he was just taking a 2 1/2 hour break ... with pay at overtime.
Yeah seriously. I feel like people just post their emotions online devoid of any logic. A guy spends 2.5 hours napping inside a storage closet on taxpayer dime, and there are people (only a few admittedly) actually defending him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California