Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 02:36 PM

24,411 posts, read 27,025,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ha ha Ha that's funny
lol exactly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 06:09 AM

26,768 posts, read 26,890,587 times
"Trump’s proposed budget would extend his cockeyed 2017 tax cuts to 2027. Those cuts primarily benefit wealthy individuals and corporations like Bezos’ Amazon. (Amazon — guess what? — paid $0 in taxes in 2018; in 2019, its effective tax rate was 1.2%.) The 10 years of the tax giveaway would cost all of us $1.9 trillion."

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...housing-crisis

Old 02-22-2020, 08:59 AM

42,867 posts, read 26,361,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
As a prime example, regardless of whether any reader here approves of Bernie’s agenda / ideology, his platform has not been contrived and developed on the campaign for POTUS trail. Like the ideas or not (and I don’t buy some of them i.e. free college, and cancelling student debt) he is pitching what he has advocated for as much as 40 years in politics at local city and state levels as well as at national level as a sitting senator long before running for higher office.
I can't stand Bernie Sanders, he's a GD liar none of his "programs" have a chance in hell of ever happening. He's sooo progressive but he's voted against gun legislation 5 times. His supporters go after anyone who dare disagree with him, look at what happened in LV with the union workers. He throws his hands up and says "well I told them to stop" which is the same $hit that Trump does. Voting for him guarantees Trump a second term. Just wait until Trump starts running ads of Bernie on his honeymoon in Moscow

Old 02-22-2020, 09:16 AM

21,765 posts, read 16,405,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I can't stand Bernie Sanders, he's a GD liar none of his "programs" have a chance in hell of ever happening. He's sooo progressive but he's voted against gun legislation 5 times. His supporters go after anyone who dare disagree with him, look at what happened in LV with the union workers. He throws his hands up and says "well I told them to stop" which is the same $hit that Trump does. Voting for him guarantees Trump a second term. Just wait until Trump starts running ads of Bernie on his honeymoon in Moscow
We disagree on this one. I have admired the guy for a couple decades.

That said, liking Sanders or not isn’t the point of what I posted there. I was responding to the accusation that all the candidates were trying to “buy votes” ... not just Trump with his tax cut proposal during election campaign time.

Politicians who have had long-standing agendas outside of election cycles aren’t “buying votes” when they include their old agendas during election cycles as well.

There’s nothing new in Bernie’s agenda. Like him or not. He’s not trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat. He’s just crazy Bernie as he always has been.

Old 02-22-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
... Just wait until Trump starts running ads of Bernie on his honeymoon in Moscow
Sure it’ll happen. But think back to all the “grab ‘em by the pu**y” ads launched against Trump in ‘16. And who’s living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. today?

Anyways, questionable whether even crazy Bernie can beat Mike’s $66 billion dollars. Talk about a budget to create a fantasy! Pixar can’t touch what Mike’s team is creating.

Probably as smart a move as any for the Democrats would be to get Mike’s money behind Klobuchar’s aw shucks mid-western charm. She’s smart, tough, executive capable, proven legislator, strong progressive bona fides ... and she CAN win those key upper mid-west states.

But ain’t likely Mike will go for it. And Amy’s almost broke.

Fingers crossed though.

Old 05-19-2020, 04:48 PM

26,768 posts, read 26,890,587 times
Not only did the tax cuts not deliver the benefits Trump and congressional Republicans promised, they left the country with a big budget hole that just got much bigger from the once-in-a-century economic shock of the pandemic.

It was a huge mistake that we’re now seeing because we now have less fiscal room than we would have to fight this current crisis,” said Marc Goldwein, senior policy director for the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

He noted, for example, that it’s no longer an option to offer certain tax incentives for businesses to invest and stimulate the economy, such as full expensing for new plant and equipment purchases, because it was already included in the 2017 law.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...irus-recession

Old 05-19-2020, 06:10 PM

426 posts, read 354,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Not only did the tax cuts not deliver the benefits Trump and congressional Republicans promised, they left the country with a big budget hole that just got much bigger from the once-in-a-century economic shock of the pandemic.

It was a huge mistake that we’re now seeing because we now have less fiscal room than we would have to fight this current crisis,” said Marc Goldwein, senior policy director for the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

He noted, for example, that it’s no longer an option to offer certain tax incentives for businesses to invest and stimulate the economy, such as full expensing for new plant and equipment purchases, because it was already included in the 2017 law.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...irus-recession
CaliRestoration can you please explain to me why the federal budget deficit is so high under President Trump's tax reform plan?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
CaliRestoration can you please explain to me why the federal budget deficit is so high under President Trump's tax reform plan?
Simple answer: it’s all Obama’s fault ...

Old 05-20-2020, 06:34 AM

295 posts, read 144,070 times
simple answer- Congress spent too much and ONLY they have the power to spend money - that would include the dummies from both parties are responsible

Old 05-20-2020, 09:16 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,998,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amokk View Post
This question makes no sense the way it is formed. It seems to be a basic misunderstanding of the difference between revenue generation, budgets, and expenditures.

Do you have a problem with the way revenue is being generated, or do you have a problem with the way it is being spent? Because Trump's tax reforms only have a semi-direct effect on ONE of these, not both. If it's both, then you have to explain the relationship between the two and how that connection looks.

If you can answer that before say 10pm PST (I have a call with a business partner in South America, so I have to catch him AFTER siesta), I can help you gain some knowledge you may be seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California