Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2018, 10:37 PM

334 posts, read 286,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Houston, we have a problem. Yeah, I can read it. The problem is, the further elucidation of the law and related legal guidelines, as presented by several CA law firms that deal with these cases, show there's more to it. If lawyers are saying there are nuances involved, I'll go with the lawyers. But for now, you can call it a stalemate, if you want.
No. Only you have a problem.

Everyone else can see you are wrong and I am right.

Fin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 12:00 AM

334 posts, read 286,353 times
Shoot away at the burglars.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:56 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Probably a good time to post this. A year ago a relative of mine and I were hunting. We were in a hunting area during a hunting season and it's near the border so also a drug smuggling area. This hunter is female. Long story short, she got surrounded by some idiots off roading and went to position with her firearm as they wouldn't take their helmets off and well, surrounded her. The rest of us came back right when this was happening. She screamed and ran to us shaking like a leaf. They scattered and took off on their bikes. We were in an area with no phone signal. While were were heading back to camp we got mobbed by about every LE agency one can think of. Evidently these people drove out of the area and called 911.

After being interrogated the idiot LE agent wrote us a brandishing firearm ticket. So, at this point it became us against the State. We couldn't freaking believe it. We had to lawyer up because the DA could have threw it out but didn't. They also could have changed it from a misdemeanor to a felony. It went over a year and we finally got it discharged ONLY because the LE agent kept doing stupid crap and got themselves fired. Otherwise, who knows. It was going to get way more expensive, that was about the only thing static. This woman threw in the towel for hunting and even being out in the woods.

Guess what, we didn't get the 7 grand back. The court/DA also made her take a bunch of classes (firearm safety, etc) so that it didn't look like a loss for the State. We could have fought that but at what cost? Our attorney explained our choices at this point but she (my relative) wanted it gone.

Be very careful in CA when it comes to firearms. You are an enemy of the State here. The DA believed an incompetent LE agent over a single female, legally hunting with a firearm surrounded by strangers wearing helmets in a drug smuggling zone.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 AM

169 posts, read 198,958 times
“Shaking like a leaf”
I agree with the state on this one.
That’s why I don’t own a gun. It’s not for ladies. Female cops are way more likely to shoot unarmed citizens. I support our right to bear arms but you also have to know yourself.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:21 AM

8,350 posts, read 6,443,466 times
To the politicians in this state there is only one possible reason to own a gun, to murder other people.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:16 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,993,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
To the politicians in this state there is only one possible reason to own a gun, to murder other people.
Unless you're a convicted felon and illegal alien, then you "just found it randomly on a pier and were playing with it when you aimed it at a tourist and killed her."

#KateSteinle #SheHadDREAMStoo

Old 02-12-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatie3 View Post
“Shaking like a leaf”
I agree with the state on this one.
That’s why I don’t own a gun. It’s not for ladies. Female cops are way more likely to shoot unarmed citizens. I support our right to bear arms but you also have to know yourself.
You think women shouldn't be allowed to own firearms? Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiSwZeTnQI

Old 02-12-2018, 12:18 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,291,022 times
just heard frm tv a lawyer that chasing robbers in the street and shooting them is not legal. no right to shoot to defend property outside your home

Old 02-12-2018, 12:51 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,993,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
just heard frm tv a lawyer that chasing robbers in the street and shooting them is not legal. no right to shoot to defend property outside your home
Uh, that's just common sense and very basic knowledge. No one has a legal right in California to shoot someone down for stealing their lawnmower.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Uh, that's just common sense and very basic knowledge. No one has a legal right in California to shoot someone down for stealing their lawnmower.
In some cases you can't even return fire in a car jacking because in SD County you cannot get a CCW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California