Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 04:55 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Newsom got nearly 8 million votes (almost double what Brown got in 2014), and had a [b][u]$60,000,000 war chest...
So moving away has not changed your propensity for constant argument.

What happened to your farewell post?

Quote:
I have a lot of memories of California, mostly good, despite what I've written above. But it's time to move on, for me. To those who stay, I wish you all the best (I really do). I hope you guys figure out a way to bring moderation to the forefront of the polices of the state. I'll admit with Newsom taking office next year as expected, that's probably a slim hope and I figure a lot of you are about to get taxed to the titts, but you guys will figure it out. It no longer concerns me politically, or monetarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 05:08 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The majority of the super far left voting bloc is most likely made up of those ages 65 and over, thus already covered under Medicare. And they're well aware that NO health care, including Medicare, is "free."

Pick another demographic who might believe your premise.
I need to see some stats on that. I feel like I'm surrounded by far left liberals. In the universities, in our government here, in the immigrants, in the entire Silicon Valley and Berkeley, even OC is run by liberals. I can't get away from them!!

Old 02-04-2019, 05:09 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
So moving away has not changed your propensity for constant argument.

What happened to your farewell post?
When you run out of arguments you attack the poster huh? So obvious....

Old 02-04-2019, 05:35 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post

Old 02-04-2019, 05:39 PM

1,336 posts, read 928,323 times
Quote:
^^ Sorry, Cali. Not being U.S. citizens, they're ineligible to vote.
Hahahaha... omg the naivete... assuming he's sincere.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:49 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Hahahaha... omg the naivete... assuming he's sincere.
That's why I asked about the fail safes that prevent illegal voting especially in light of the problems the DMV has been having "pre-registering" illegal individuals to the voter rolls.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...e-california-/

Also ballot harvesting.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I’m not worried about it in the slightest. Why would I? It’s the future. There is no option. Notice who’s advocating for it? Yeah, that Bill Gates. He’s not the only one at the top who recognizes what I wrote is true.
Tulemutt, in a short time since I've posted on this forum, I've come to think of you as an independent intelligent thinker, out there in the weeds. In more ways than one.

So you must contemplate that Bill is saying these things knowing full well it won't happen in his wealth time, yet he's gaining huge liberal/progressive SJW brownie points. Why does he care about SJW brownie points. Help keeps the SJW rabble from protesting at the doors of Microsoft. He might even be half sincere, but again, he doesn't really want that to happen.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
That's why I asked about the fail safes that prevent illegal voting especially in light of the problems the DMV has been having "pre-registering" illegal individuals to the voter rolls.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...e-california-/

Also ballot harvesting.
Also deep in their hearts, the liberals next step once they convert all these illegal immigrants who magically turn up at our borders after 1000 mile march into nice little DNC voters, in quid pro quo for the citizenship.
Prima facie evident.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:00 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Tulemutt, in a short time since I've posted on this forum, I've come to think of you as an independent intelligent thinker, out there in the weeds. In more ways than one.

So you must contemplate that Bill is saying these things knowing full well it won't happen in his wealth time, yet he's gaining huge liberal/progressive SJW brownie points. Why does he care about SJW brownie points. Help keeps the SJW rabble from protesting at the doors of Microsoft. He might even be half sincere, but again, he doesn't really want that to happen.
I certainly do love weed, yes.

That said, I am quite certain you misread Gates. As the world’s second richest individual, he doesn’t really need or care much about brownie points in the sense you are attributing to him. He can buy as many brownies as he wants ... weed filled or straight. And he’s no longer working to manage MS image. He’s moved on.

Most significantly, while you are entirely right about how challenging it will be to tax “etherials”, I am surprised you overlook the simple reality that mankind has always shown as much (really more) brilliance in figuring out how to market and tax products as it has in conceiving, inventing, and developing them. The world’s brightest minds never rest.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:12 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
LOL. Who's attacking the poster? His goal is to argue for the sake of arguing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California