Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 02:09 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,044,703 times

Advertisements

" Do you think Stand Your Ground would be good for CA ? "

Only if I could use it against the police ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 02:19 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
may not be guilty if it is self defense but he/she can be held for carrying a concealed weapon depending on what a judge has to say. It is a thin line
that should be the one to be fixed

i understand why they dont just issue CCW. you feel like invincible or you are braver (if there is such a word) if you are carrying (generally)

a person i know who has lots of guns when interviewed by the Sheriff's office why he needs CCW and he said i carry lots of expensive guns going to the range so i need to carry a gun to protect them. the sheriff granted him CCW

Old 08-31-2018, 03:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Everyone has to admit that issuing CCW permit only to the well connected is not right .

Old 08-31-2018, 04:10 PM

3,348 posts, read 2,312,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
" Do you think Stand Your Ground would be good for CA ? "

Only if I could use it against the police ...
I heard Indiana has passed in recent years, a unique a stand your ground provision against police officers who unlawfully use force or barge in guns drawn without proper warrants or knocking and announcing. Don't know if there were actually cases that happened since passage though involving citizens who stood their ground against police officers and were justified though. Though it seems like at least there are some legislation in favor of normal citizens against "the elites" including police misconduct which governments often overlook if not sanction these days.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:18 AM

21,740 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Drop it for heavens sake. I never said friends felt one way or the other.. I acknowledged I only know what I have heard and am no expert. You certainly like to go on and on don't you. Let's just agree to disagree on this. I think we will all save time. Debating this isn't going to change my mind, your mind or anyone else's mind.
Lol. You still haven’t answered my question:
Should. The. Homeless. Be. Armed. To. Defend. Themselves. Against. The. Frequent. Attacks. Against. Them?

You’re “no expert”. But feel entitled to judge freely without knowing/understanding the underlying facts ... roger that.

I don’t expect to change a closed mind. I welcome the opportunity to use your position statements as examples of uniformed thinking processes, for other readers to consider.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes that is my understanding as well .

The thing is CA politicians have created this problem by not being tough enough . One example recently was a man that was killed while eating at a restaurant. A crazy homeless person was acting strange police were called then the police said the guy wasn’t a threat and the homeless guy came back and killed him .

Whenever I hear about these random killings or violent attacks it’s usually a homeless person that did it . Due to politically correct policy they aren’t keeping neighborhoods safe .
But then at the same time innocent citizens don’t have the right to protect themselves . This young college kid could of easily been killed .
Interesting you don’t ever hear about the 428 murders and 1657 other violent physical attacks against the homeless by housed persons that have been documented in police and media reports, far far far in excess of the numbers of attacks and murders by homeless on the general public.

So, should the homeless be issued CCW’s and firearms to use in their self defense?

Old 09-01-2018, 11:10 PM

914 posts, read 643,330 times
only those proven to be stable and of sound mind should be allowed to carry. If we did that, I suspect a significant number of attacks would cease. I walk downtown a lot and in the winter it is still dark out on the way to my office. I get homeless men literally bumping in to me and copping feels because I'm a woman, alone and I now have to drive to work because of fear. I'd love to stand my ground. but we don't have that law here. Here in CA the law favors the offenders. So I'm at a loss on how to deal with the confrontations. Any ideas?

Old 09-01-2018, 11:13 PM

914 posts, read 643,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You probably should move, or get help.
get help? you mean hire a body guard?

Old 09-01-2018, 11:38 PM

197 posts, read 209,015 times
Do I think it would be a good idea for California? NO, of course not! I moved here six years ago because I did not want to live in a BS redneck state!

Old 09-01-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
Trust me,

... There are a lot of really sick people here.
Yep, there certainly are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
Trust me, half of California would be knocked off if Stand Your Ground would be enacted here. Maybe they ought to be put out of their misery. I alone would be justified to stand my ground about three times in this week alone. I've had people come up to me and confront me violently simply for not being "respectful" in my driving. lol. We have way too many erratic intimidating people here on a daily basis. We'd all be justified by those standards to just knock 'em off. There are a lot of really sick people here. We may never be great again especially when Gavin takes over as Governor. Sad.
... so, you would “stand your ground” (read: shoot people) who confront you for being a crappy driver, huh ... seems justified. You say they “confronted [you] violently”? You mean they socked you in the mouth, or what? What’s “violently”? You just happen to drive in a law-abiding manner yet three people in one week confronted you violently over your driving?

Yep. Better shoot ‘em!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California