Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 09:48 PM

605 posts, read 336,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yep, Brown signed a bill allowing them to pass the costs from disasters (even if they were the fault of PG&E) to its customers. But even with that bill their stock dropped 38% today https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pg-e-...131458809.html

But I still hope that there's some way to put the crooks out of business
Yes her home has been burned to the ground, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 09:48 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,542,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yep, Brown signed a bill allowing them to pass the costs from disasters (even if they were the fault of PG&E) to its customers. But even with that bill their stock dropped 38% today https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pg-e-...131458809.html

But I still hope that there's some way to put the crooks out of business
But, what happens if they go out of business? My electricity provider is PG&E. Where would we get our electricity? Who would maintain the infrastructure? Would the prices go sky-high?

Really. Let's say PG&E says it's all over. They quit. Then what?

Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 PM

367 posts, read 421,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Poor cat, badly burned and rescued in Paradise.
I donated to North Valley Animal Disaster group
https://www.nvadg.org
Google is doing very poor job showing this info to people who want to donate to help #campfire animals!

One can also donate to "Butte Humane Society" which had been taking animals in, via their Amazon wish list (just found this link and will donate there too):
https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/l...?type=wishlist

And I think the first link is where resources for more critical animals right now.
Poor cat I hope this cat heals. I've seen pictures of cats which healed after Sonoma fires, you can't even recognize them and they look healthy with excellent fur.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 PM

19,225 posts, read 16,730,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
Does anyone know the names of the deceased? I cannot find it online.

I am wondering if Jane Keller is still alive? She is a Christian, a really nice person.
I found out that the Red Cross has a site called safe and well https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php If you have any contact information, i.e. phone number or address, you might be able to find out something. There are a number of people in shelters right now and have been trying to get word out they're safe but it's so difficult. You can check that website if you have some indentifying informaiton.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
But, what happens if they go out of business? My electricity provider is PG&E. Where would we get our electricity? Who would maintain the infrastructure? Would the prices go sky-high?

Really. Let's say PG&E says it's all over. They quit. Then what?
There are other companies vying for their business. They come to the door knocking saying they can give you lower rates than PG&E

Old 11-12-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
There are other companies vying for their business. They come to the door knocking saying they can give you lower rates than PG&E
Like who? That's really hard to believe.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I found out that the Red Cross has a site called safe and well https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php If you have any contact information, i.e. phone number or address, you might be able to find out something. There are a number of people in shelters right now and have been trying to get word out they're safe but it's so difficult. You can check that website if you have some indentifying informaiton.
thank you. I'll keep trying periodically. Read "your search yielded zero results"

Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Like who? That's really hard to believe.
I don't know but they are persistent. They visited one of my clients apartment complexes saying they were from pg&e to get in the door, or something akin to make you believe it. As I walked in, he admitted he is from their competitor. I saw a ton of young men scouring the complex trying to present their product, whatever it was. Some months later, another gentlemen knocked for the same reason but was turned away quickly

if i recall, they'll use pg&e's lines.

And he told me there was a few other companies coming to fruition so there is a rush to sign people up. Sorry that's all I know

Old 11-12-2018, 10:03 PM

19,225 posts, read 16,730,645 times
Quote:
thank you. I'll keep trying periodically. Read "your search yielded zero results"
Okay and again, if I come across any lists of the missing and deceased, I'll post it here, too. Butte County Sheriff's Office won't release any names until family is notified so I can understand why we haven't seen names yet. The missing number has lowered to a little over 100 whereas yesterday it was over 200. It's going to take time.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
I don't know but they are persistent. They visited one of my clients apartment complexes saying they were from pg&e to get in the door, or something akin to make you believe it. As I walked in, he admitted he is from their competitor. I saw a ton of young men scouring the complex trying to present their product, whatever it was. Some months later, another gentlemen knocked for the same reason but was turned away quickly

if i recall, they'll use pg&e's lines.

And he told me there was a few other companies coming to fruition so there is a rush to sign people up. Sorry that's all I know
Sounds like a group of gypsy con men.

https://www.chooseenergy.com/blog/de...r-energy-scam/

I don't believe anything like this would be legit in CA. I know I don't have a choice as to who provides my electricity where I live. I never have, in CA. Some towns create their own public utility districts, which are usually great, but you don't have a choice. At least nowhere I have lived here in CA, all over northern CA, with different providers in different areas or cities. I can only guess there is a rule that only that provider can operate in a certain area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California