Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 06:57 PM

999 posts, read 553,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And most Californians are quite happy to hear others swear they’d never come out and add to the congestion ... thank you very much!
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
While a huge chunk of people can't afford to live in California.

They can but they'd have to live in undesirable places such as Fresno, Bakersfield, Inland Empire (By that I mean Victorville, Barstow, etc...) or out in the boonies
Undesirable? Fresno has plenty of nice neighborhoods just like any other city in America. And I love Victorville. I grew up spending a lot of time there because I have family there. I see nothing wrong with it. Nice high desert atmosphere, mountain views all around, etc. What's the problem?

I guess these places are "undesirable" compared to having a beach house in Santa Barbara or something. But they're pretty much normal cities just like anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 07:23 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Yep!

Undesirable? Fresno has plenty of nice neighborhoods just like any other city in America. And I love Victorville. I grew up spending a lot of time there because I have family there. I see nothing wrong with it. Nice high desert atmosphere, mountain views all around, etc. What's the problem?

I guess these places are "undesirable" compared to having a beach house in Santa Barbara or something. But they're pretty much normal cities just like anywhere else.
Yep back atcha

Old 03-29-2019, 07:40 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:

They can but they'd have to live in undesirable places such as Fresno, Bakersfield, Inland Empire (By that I mean Victorville, Barstow, etc...) or out in the boonies
The poster child for "I hate California" speaks, once again.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
Yes better weather and in closer proximity to places like The Bay Area,The Coast,L.A,San Diego,Mountains,Beaches,Attractions,Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
someone posted a while back that these cities are still better than similar cities in the midwest

Old 03-30-2019, 09:57 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Except for some on this forum, they seem to get upset at what others say about Ca.

Wishing Ca to fail is just plain short sighted and stupid. It's such a large part of the US economy that if it were to falter, it would mean the rest of the country is in deep doo doo.
Yeah wishing a STATE that has the equivalent of the worlds FIFTH largest economy to fail isn’t very smart. Not smart at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I thought you said I'm an idiot for not wishing to move to Georgia so I can buy a house. ((roll eyes))
I didn’t see that anywhere. The thing is nobody in Ca cares if someone moves out. Hey it’s not working for you it’s not working for you. If you feel a better life is in X state move there. Nobody is gonna belittle you. Most move and blame/have xyz reason why Ca is so bad. Example I can’t stay here because COL is high. The world moves on. Plenty of people can’t and plenty of people can keep up financially speaking.

We really only care if you move in.

Quote:

Whoa buddy. Undesirable? To who? Ive gone to plenty of towns in other states that I visited/drove through but I have no desire to move or live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Really,then why do they want to keep raising taxes???????

Because it’s ran by a bunch of liberals whose general view is to tax everything in sight to get revenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
True, but there are LOTS of better cities in other States and far more affordable and in beautiful areas.
That’s really a matter of opinion. It may be better to some but not to others. For example myself. For me to move it would cost me to keep my rentals in Ca. I would need to hire a PMC which would cost money. The costs would skyrocket because I would need to use their people and they can upchsrge every repair. If I sold I would lose a lot of money to agents, moving costs and tax liabilities. If I did cash out refinance I would be “better off” but I would have a lot of debt liabilities. So while it would be a more affordable area to move to not only would I lose financially imstarting over. No support, New job, new friends new etc,

Moving to another state is a very personal choice and what is beneficial for one may not be beneficial to another

Old 03-30-2019, 01:33 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

Moving to another state is a very personal choice and what is beneficial for one may not be beneficial to another
Yep, that is simple fact. What each finds to be the most beneficial is best, not what they think makes them look good. "Hey I live in CA",

Old 03-30-2019, 10:06 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Yep!
Undesirable? Fresno has plenty of nice neighborhoods just like any other city in America.
Maybe if I hopped off the 99 and explored around a bit, I'd have a different perspective.

Old 03-30-2019, 11:16 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Yeah wishing a STATE that has the equivalent of the worlds FIFTH largest economy to fail isn’t very smart. Not smart at all.
While California is a dump and resembles a third world nation, even worse than Venezuela.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
Truth be told...Their are many nice communities throughout the Central Valley and are similar to just like other parts of the Country,but here in California the word Inland and Hot means undesirable for some people,and some people just don't want to be associated with living in the Central Valley for whatever reason that may be

Yup even the High Desert has nice communities as well.

Quote:

Old 03-31-2019, 09:16 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
I didn’t see that anywhere. The thing is nobody in Ca cares if someone moves out. Hey it’s not working for you it’s not working for you. If you feel a better life is in X state move there. Nobody is gonna belittle you. Most move and blame/have xyz reason why Ca is so bad. Example I can’t stay here because COL is high. The world moves on. Plenty of people can’t and plenty of people can keep up financially speaking.

We really only care if you move in.
I love California, especially Silicon Valley, and plan to continue living in Silicon Valley. I was just saying that aslowdodge believes that if someone does not wish to move to Trumpville, Kansas, just so they can afford to buy a house, that person is an idiot, lol.

I probably will never afford to buy a house in California, but I still love Silicon Valley. I grew up here and it is my home and I intend to stay here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California