Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 04:40 AM

827 posts, read 659,345 times

Advertisements

Legalize it get over it have a smoke and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 11:34 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,822,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTapedToCokeMachine View Post
YES, if they use at said job a lot maybe, not so much if they did it a day before during their free time, jeez anti-weed people are weird. Half of people who I worked with say they use it including bosses so how come they still work?
So, that day's use of drugs is a "no." But day before is "cool?"
Quote:

Replace this with alcohol, medications, what would you say?
Would you be "good" if I was the pilot of a Boeing 737-400, when you and your family are traveling to Kona? (Just think of the weed you could score on the BI...)

Still "weird?"

And yes, let's replace THC with alcohol or meds. What would you say?

How about this is my first time with a full aircraft, and the Capt. ate the fish and experienced an allergic reaction. She's comatose. We're @ three-seven thousand, cruising @ 485. Is this still cool with you? I'll be kicking off cruise in a few minutes to begin decent into KOA.
Winds are 090@24 GUSTS to 31kts.

I'll ask one more time. Are you still cool with this?

What do you think the FAA would say? (You think they'll be "cool" with it?)

Big hint~ The FAA isn't "cool" with ANYTHING.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:54 AM

827 posts, read 659,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
So, that day's use of drugs is a "no." But day before is "cool?" Would you be "good" if I was the pilot of a Boeing 737-400, when you and your family are traveling to Kona? (Just think of the weed you could score on the BI...)

Still "weird?"

And yes, let's replace THC with alcohol or meds. What would you say?

How about this is my first time with a full aircraft, and the Capt. ate the fish and experienced an allergic reaction. She's comatose. We're @ three-seven thousand, cruising @ 485. Is this still cool with you? I'll be kicking off cruise in a few minutes to begin decent into KOA.
Winds are 090@24 GUSTS to 31kts.

I'll ask one more time. Are you still cool with this?

What do you think the FAA would say? (You think they'll be "cool" with it?)

Big hint~ The FAA isn't "cool" with ANYTHING.
Pot would be treated the same way as alcohol. It's illegal to drink and drive it's illegal to smoke and drive. Ect. And so on.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:11 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,822,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
Pot would be treated the same way as alcohol. It's illegal to drink and drive it's illegal to smoke and drive. Ect. And so on.
True, but our famed OP seems to think that having one's mind altered in a "safety sensitive" situation is "cool."

Maybe I should have told the OP that I'm in the transportation industry...

Either way, I wrote that post to invoke thought for our OP.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:34 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,298,730 times
Quote:
Like is there a place where it is not common for kids to do it, where it is looked down upon, even if legal. I have seen similar questions being asked on here, one guy even asking where is a liberal place that is more anti-pot?

I am not seeking for said place, I use it a little myself although I stupidly did it too much before. I think the drug can be kinda bad but that is more due to your attitude and how you consume it. I was wondering if said place is common. I would imagine more traditional places in the valley where hard drugs are more used instead, or some religious places.
Probably best to not types questions when you are high.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:02 PM

148 posts, read 175,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
True, but our famed OP seems to think that having one's mind altered in a "safety sensitive" situation is "cool."

Maybe I should have told the OP that I'm in the transportation industry...

Either way, I wrote that post to invoke thought for our OP.
I never said that you. Where did I say that? Jeez you are in the minority here for having this outdated thought, and never did I say pot while work and driving = good.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Probably best to not types questions when you are high.
I didn’t.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:39 PM

1,249 posts, read 1,052,624 times
Quote:
I never said that you. Where did I say that? Jeez you are in the minority here for having this outdated thought, and never did I say pot while work and driving = good.

Not as "outdated" as you think, and definitely not in "the minority", trust me!

At some point, we all have to grow up, or we'll end up living in a box under a bridge!

Old 10-28-2020, 03:56 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,082,762 times
No pot at my home, I don't care for it, anymore. I have pals who are pot heads, & they are very scatterbrained & forget stuff all the time. I do blame the pot for that. But they can smoke all day & all night, if they want, it is not my business to monitor others habits.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
Not as "outdated" as you think, and definitely not in "the minority", trust me!

At some point, we all have to grow up, or we'll end up living in a box under a bridge!
Then why was it legalized? The vast majority of people are ok with OCCASIONAL AND RESPONSIBLE weed use. You seem to conflate this with being a daily stoner who watches music videos and stuffs pizza.

I even lived with a landlord, 60 year old Filipino Christian woman who held Bible Study in her home and was “godly” but still smoked weed at nights and probably not medically. Outside of a few old people and very religious people, I never meet people who are staunchly anti pot, they may be like “just don’t sit around and smoke countlessly.”

Do you look down on those who use it to treat pain? And yes many do lie about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California