Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 11:31 PM

1,655 posts, read 1,121,975 times

Advertisements

Just spent a weekend in a swanky hotel in LA by the beach for $500 a night.

A guy literally passed out on drugs at 10 am by the door. I had to step around him to get in.

Another guy fell off his bike with his feet still on the pedals on my way to grab food. Face planted the concrete mouth open drooling on the sidewalk. I wasn’t even sure if he was alive but felt scared to go near him.

Is this all the Xylazine (tranq) and fentanyl?

It’s getting so bad at this point in most the major cities in CA it’s unsettling to even walk around. I saw an overdose in northern CA near my house not too long ago too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 07:10 AM

21,784 posts, read 16,448,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post

A guy literally passed out on drugs at 10 am by the door. I had to step around him to get in.

Another guy fell off his bike with his feet still on the pedals on my way to grab food. Face planted the concrete mouth open drooling on the sidewalk. I wasn’t even sure if he was alive but felt scared to go near him.

It’s getting so bad at this point in most the major cities in CA it’s unsettling to even walk around. I saw an overdose in northern CA near my house not too long ago too.
More ‘California hyperbole.’ It’s “so bad” in every city and state. California doesn’t even rank middle of pack really. Here’s a CDC map and list link for you:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s..._poisoning.htm

Old 05-06-2024, 08:15 AM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
More ‘California hyperbole.’ It’s “so bad” in every city and state. California doesn’t even rank middle of pack really. Here’s a CDC map and list link for you:
Tulemutt4Truth!

Old 05-06-2024, 08:27 AM

Quote:
For public overdoses in broad daylight?

Keep dreaming. I haven’t seen that anywhere else

Old 05-06-2024, 08:49 AM

26,812 posts, read 26,948,597 times
Quote:
When the history of the fentanyl crisis is written, 2023 may be remembered as the year Americans woke up to an unprecedented threat scouring communities - and a deepening cultural divide over what to do about it.

For the first time in U.S. history, fatal overdoses peaked above 112,000 deaths, with young people and people of color among the hardest hit.

Drug policy experts, and people living with addiction, say the magnitude of this calamity now eclipses every previous drug epidemic, from crack cocaine in the 1980s to the prescription opioid crisis of the 2000s.

Public health experts say fentanyl, a synthetic opioid far more powerful than heroin, is responsible for the majority of drug deaths. But the supply of illegal drugs is increasingly complex and perilous.

Americans using drugs recreationally, or caught up in more serious addiction, face an unpredictable cocktail that often includes fentanyl, methamphetamines and fast-changing mix of new chemicals...

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/28/12208...rugs-addiction

Old 05-06-2024, 10:53 AM

3,163 posts, read 2,720,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
When the history of the fentanyl crisis is written, 2023 may be remembered as the year Americans woke up to an unprecedented threat scouring communities - and a deepening cultural divide over what to do about it.

For the first time in U.S. history, fatal overdoses peaked above 112,000 deaths, with young people and people of color among the hardest hit.

Drug policy experts, and people living with addiction, say the magnitude of this calamity now eclipses every previous drug epidemic, from crack cocaine in the 1980s to the prescription opioid crisis of the 2000s.

Public health experts say fentanyl, a synthetic opioid far more powerful than heroin, is responsible for the majority of drug deaths. But the supply of illegal drugs is increasingly complex and perilous.

Americans using drugs recreationally, or caught up in more serious addiction, face an unpredictable cocktail that often includes fentanyl, methamphetamines and fast-changing mix of new chemicals...

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/28/12208...rugs-addiction
If fentanyl is a deadly epidemic, will it follow the pattern of other epidemics; peaking and then fading away as it kills off the addicts?

Old 05-06-2024, 11:14 AM

142 posts, read 72,552 times
Seattle and Portland is WAYYYY ahead of any place in California regarding public drug use and overdoses witnessed. It's not like in the likes of LA and San Francisco in particular there isn't some floating around. But spend sometime in Seattle's outer downtown area and you'll really get an eye full of degradation. Portland is right behind them.

Old 05-06-2024, 11:16 AM

123 posts, read 52,767 times
Quote:

From what I read tranq makes you high so fast you just bend over standing up (you’ve probably seen the videos) and fentanyl you pass out laying down.

Old 05-06-2024, 11:26 AM

21,784 posts, read 16,448,161 times
Quote:
For public overdoses in broad daylight?

Keep dreaming. I haven’t seen that anywhere else
You can’t be serious

Speaking of dreaming: Do you really believe that what any one individual sees (in this case yourself) anecdotally is representative of a global truth?

Old 05-06-2024, 11:52 AM

Quote:
You can’t be serious

Speaking of dreaming: Do you really believe that what any one individual sees (in this case yourself) anecdotally is representative of a global truth?
https://www.axios.com/local/san-dieg...-homelessness#

There’s some global truth for you.

CA has by far the most unsheltered homeless.

Many cities in CA don’t prosecute open air drug use.

https://abc7.com/amp/george-gascon-l...rimes/8674095/

LA has largely replaced imprisonment for hard drug use with tactics like these

https://www.bscc.ca.gov/s_prop47ladoor/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California