Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorideaquad View Post
it sucks I have been here 7 years
and it is NOT middle class no way half the town in on welfare
To much competition for ya??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
Went driving around Bakersfield to do some shopping and let me tell ya the weather was beautiful and the views of the mountains were amazing.

I love Bakersfield !

Old 06-18-2010, 07:54 PM

122 posts, read 365,638 times
Bakersfield is not great not terrible ...read my other posts.
Mostly farm workers in other words mexicans who speak spanish on one side of town. Lots of rich oil cooks and farmers with cowboy hats. very bad smog and air, lots of red days. Affordable housing: yes indeed we have lots of foreclosures and the market crashed. A house that was 300k 3 years ago is now 140k max. Good luck read my other posts.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,903 times
Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
Went driving around Bakersfield to do some shopping and let me tell ya the weather was beautiful and the views of the mountains were amazing.

I love Bakersfield !
you must be living on drugs 24/7. the whole central valley is an armpit besides the coast.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 AM

122 posts, read 365,638 times
oh yeah it does suck that bad PLEASE think twice bout movin here
the air does smell like??? mystery flavor because yes you can taste the air it is so foul. Cow manure, pollution, the freeway and all the trucks. It just reaks from the time you drive down the grape vine, you're like what is that smell? oh for real, it's just bakersfield. This is not a joke. And since I moved here I have a hard time breathing. I went to a doctor and he said i have no asthma but my breathing is like when i smoked 2 packs a day way back when.
Please think triple twice bout moving here, nothing but bonehads, mexican fieldworkers and good 'old boys. Oh yeah a few high and mighty rich folk who look down on you if you don't belong to the country club. Well that SUCKS too, try a real gold course and country club anywhere else.
Got allergies? no? oh don't worry about it I never ever had allergies but now I sneeze at pollen, dust and anything else.
Please think about your health, sanity and children's futures before moving here.
To say that children stay here is WRONG!! unless the parents make them or they have never been outside of this podunk town, they get out of dodge and go to college elsewhere.
BAKERSFIELD SUCKS, PUT THAT ON MY GRAVESTONE, I STICK BY IT...

Old 06-24-2010, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 20,864 times
bakersfield is okay....medium crime rate, high unemployment and poverty in some areas, but overall i'd rather be in bakersfield than oakland or detroit.

Last edited by BigMattCA1; 06-24-2010 at 04:11 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 20,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisuh View Post
Bakersfield is not really bad. Seriously, I believe that Bakersfield is a great high middle class neighborhood. If you think that Bakerfield is a bad neighborhood then think about Compton, Inglewood, Long Beach and Southcentral. Aren't they a worse neighborhood compared to Bakersfield? If anyone thinks that Bakersfield is bad, then I advise them to cruise through the ghettos of Los Angeles and just see how bad it is down in the hood so that they can learn to appreciate how thankful they are to live in a nice suburban neighborhood of Bakersfield.

this is a reply to the first person who posted on this subject. comparing bakersfield to south central LA is pretty lame. LA is 10 times bigger than bakersfield(comparing a city of 300,000 to a city of almost 4 million...what are you smokin).but i do promise that you can get shot or stabbed in a bakersfield slum just like any other ghetto in the country.
i get tired of people comparing lil country city like bakersfield to LA. compare bako to fresNO or sac town. at least ACT like you know what you're talking about. bakersfield has some of the highest poverty rates in the country. a ghetto is a ghetto no matter where you live. Oh and statistically bakersfield and long beach are pretty close on crime rate. not to mention in 2009 bakersfield metro area had the 33rd highest crime rate in the USA. that was out of over 300 metro areas. do some research before you make lame comments about places you know nothing about. i've been to LA county and LA city many times and yea it gets really nasty, but so does the worst parts of bakersfield. it's just on a smaller scale. it's not big inner city ghetto like south central, its poverty stricken urban sprawl. no sidewalks, no gutters, graffiti ,delapidated homes , closed businesses, gang members selling drugs in front of liquor stores. i know because i've lived there.

Last edited by BigMattCA1; 06-24-2010 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,339 times
I have recently applied for three different jobs in Bakersfield. I found houses ranging from 85 to 120 thousand. I am wanting to know what the property taxes are like in that area.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,363 times
I have lived in Bakersfield for almost 2 years, it is not a great place to live unless you can speak Spanish and don't mind all the stray and dead animals in the road.. I have been in Compton and watts and I didn't see anything that bad but I don't live there. Bakersfield is worse then a arm pit, it's tijuana. Hispanics are not the cleanest people. I know that sounds racist but it's true, they throw trash every where, go to the bathroom were ever they like and multiple like crazy.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:02 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Who woulda known the Bakersfield thread would be so entertaining? Good stuff, guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California