Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:38 AM

658 posts, read 830,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Are California girls less hung on a man's physical appearance, his looks, his top head, less desparete and demeaning compared to the other states? Or is it the other way around?
CA girls stay CA girls. Snobbish, stuck-up, proud, and think their doo-doo smells like roses. Like for sure, totally.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:50 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Well, I hope they're not something. Like if a man doesn't want something in the relationship, but the girl does, they break up. I hope most Cali girls aren't like that.
Sounds like a valid reason for a break up, to me. As with everything in California, it is way too big of a state to generalize.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:57 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
CA girls stay CA girls. Snobbish, stuck-up, proud, and think their doo-doo smells like roses. Like for sure, totally.
I've met those types in every state I've been to. It's not specific to a region.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Don't you think that's a gold digger right there?
"California girl" and "Gold digger" are synonomous.

LA/OC Girl and Bay Area Girl differ because Bay Area Girl pretends to not be a gold digger, but she is all the same.

Inland Empire Girl is either a meth addicted hooker (at least in behavior even if she's not doing that for a living) with teeth that would fit in well in Northern England, OR, if she's ambitious enough, she winds up becoming LA/OC Girl.

The far northern counties of California are really Oregon and the Central Valley is Texas. Thus the norms of those states apply in those regions of California more than the norms of the rest of the state.

Last edited by majoun; 08-06-2008 at 05:52 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 05:20 PM

658 posts, read 830,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
I've met those types in every state I've been to. It's not specific to a region.
Where do you think valley girls came from? Not the grand canyon.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:54 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,289,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
Where do you think valley girls came from? Not the grand canyon.
There are no "Valley Girls" up here where I am. Just because you think all Californian females speak like actors on an episode of the OC doesn't mean anything. I've heard the "Like Oh my god" girls in suburban New York also. It's a suburban preppy spoiled girl thing.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:07 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
There are no "Valley Girls" up here where I am. Just because you think all Californian females speak like actors on an episode of the OC doesn't mean anything. I've heard the "Like Oh my god" girls in suburban New York also. It's a suburban preppy spoiled girl thing.
Yes, the "Valley Girl" stereotype here equates with the "Jersey Girl" stereotype back east and the "Essex Girl" stereotype in Britain. There are equivalents all over the world.

However these characteristics do tend to be more extreme in California.

Speaking of "The OC"-speak, it's interesting how the NY and Philly accents seem to be in retreat back east amongst young people, and how even the Texas accent seems to be in retreat. I've met people under 30 from NY/NJ/PA and from Texas who talk like Californians.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 PM

162 posts, read 572,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Poor men cant pay for fake boobs and tummy tucks. LA girls want men with $$$$.
Well maybe if LA men stop obsessing over women with big boobs and flat tummies, the LA women would stop looking for men to pay for them.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:54 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,693 times
Hey PecanPie, and if LA girls stop obsessing over children and more good men would want them.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:54 AM

409 posts, read 1,830,184 times
Default seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
"California girl" and "Gold digger" are synonomous.

LA/OC Girl and Bay Area Girl differ because Bay Area Girl pretends to not be a gold digger, but she is all the same.

Inland Empire Girl is either a meth addicted hooker (at least in behavior even if she's not doing that for a living) with teeth that would fit in well in Northern England, OR, if she's ambitious enough, she winds up becoming LA/OC Girl.

The far northern counties of California are really Oregon and the Central Valley is Texas. Thus the norms of those states apply in those regions of California more than the norms of the rest of the state.
pretty accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: