Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:56 PM

541 posts, read 1,225,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Wasn't Vanessa Williams stripped of her title for posing nude?
Yes, she was.

But Vanessa Williams posed nude and performing sexual acts. Carrie Prejan posed semi-nude, which is to say, not nude at all. The only photos released of her that were nude were slips and were not supposed to be released by her photographer. There's definitely a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 03:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,652,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Considering how terribly she's been treated by the Miss California administration (e.g. Carrie Moakler), I can't say it's a crown I'd even want to have. The twisted logic you see coming from their administration is just mind-bogglingly twisted. I'm completely unimpressed.

Miss Prejean seems far too competent and far too classy to be dealing with stooges like the ones I mentioned and the national media. Good for her. Unfortunately, she's being crucified by an agenda of a radical few.

I definitely wouldn't classify her as competent OR classy, but that has nothing to do with her answer on that quesiton. I may not have liked her answer during the 'competition', but I supported her right to say what she wanted to say. If you open your mouth and tell people your personal opinion on national television you WILL be mocked, you WILL be told you're wrong and you will get people who will rally against you.

If she would have said 'I believe gays should be married' then the Protect Marriage people would have gone against her. It's a lose lose situation.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
Wasn't Vanessa Williams stripped of her title for posing nude?
yep, totally nude though, and totally exposed. That was about 25 years ago.

Nita

Old 05-12-2009, 03:25 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,587,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
She didn't bring up her views....she was asked a question and she answered it honestly
The same answer our very own president gave. If they don't want to accept any answer that might be given, then don't ask those types of questions. It seems to me it was a loaded question. They only wanted one answer.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:46 PM

190 posts, read 705,329 times
She was fine when she answered the question honestly. Perez was being a bitchy old queen.

But after accepting the representation and affiliation from an anti-gay political group, she's fair game now. She now deserve all the hate and sharp words she gets.

She should have answered the question and left it at that, not tried to lengthen her 15 minute spotlight if she can't(and all those surrounding and supporting her) handle all the venom hurled at her.

Last edited by ranzchic; 05-12-2009 at 03:59 PM..

Old 05-12-2009, 03:48 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,074,643 times
CMartel2, I thought Vanessa W. only posed nude and playboy or somebody published the pictures. Didn't hear about any sexual acts. Thought she and her parents said it was art and done for those purposes and they had no idea anyone would get a hold of them?

Old 05-12-2009, 03:52 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,501,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
She was fine when she answered the question honestly. Perez was being a bitchy old queen.

But after accepting the representation and affiliation from an anti-gay political group, she's fair game now. She now deserve all the hate and sharp words she gets.

She should have answered the question and left it at that, not tried to lengthen her 15 minute spotlight if she can't(and all those surrounding and supporting her) handle all the venom hurled at her.
Agree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if others disagree. If she had stopped there, she could have played it as the victim. But her endless quest for publicity makes her a target now.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:55 PM

190 posts, read 705,329 times
Oh, she's still playing the victim card all right. Masterfully at that. It's good for her short term.

Not sure about long term. I suppose she's decided to play along with the fundie crowd. She doesn't have a bright future in Hollywood though, that's for sure.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:48 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,292,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Yes, she was.

But Vanessa Williams posed nude and performing sexual acts. Carrie Prejan posed semi-nude, which is to say, not nude at all. The only photos released of her that were nude were slips and were not supposed to be released by her photographer. There's definitely a difference.
Oh ok, I heard on the radio today she has full frontal nudes that have hit the internet. Is this not true? I haven't had a chance to "research" this yet lol

Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
CMartel2, I thought Vanessa W. only posed nude and playboy or somebody published the pictures. Didn't hear about any sexual acts. Thought she and her parents said it was art and done for those purposes and they had no idea anyone would get a hold of them?
that is how I remember it as well. Still it was a long time ago and nude versus topless with arms in front of your chest is a little different.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: