Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,958,473 times

Advertisements

Our auto registration is once again going up. Now the county gets a extra $10.00 per car fom us. My 25 yr old car is going to cost me $78.00 yr in registration fees. Just 3 yrs back it was $44.00 a yr. It then went from 45.00 to 55.00 to 68.00 & now 78.00. Non ops are 18.00 when they should only be 5.00. Mobile home registration fees have doubled this yr & thats a big financial burden on alot of seniors, low income & disabled people. I can totally understand why ALOT of people are anti-state govt. The creeps/losers/thieves in sacramento are making a nice chunk of change off us yet the state is broke. WTF!! http://www.dmv.ca.gov/about/leg/newlaws.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,361,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Our auto registration is once again going up. Now the county gets a extra $10.00 per car fom us. My 25 yr old car is going to cost me $78.00 yr in registration fees. Just 3 yrs back it was $44.00 a yr. It then went from 45.00 to 55.00 to 68.00 & now 78.00. Non ops are 18.00 when they should only be 5.00. Mobile home registration fees have doubled this yr & thats a big financial burden on alot of seniors, low income & disabled people. I can totally understand why ALOT of people are anti-state govt. The creeps/losers/thieves in sacramento are making a nice chunk of change off us yet the state is broke. WTF!! New Laws for 2010
Eagle7, I'm not sure what your definition of a "nice chunk of change" is but I really don't think that the workers are the ones who qualify as "creeps/losers/thieves." Those appelations more properly belong to the self-serving members of the Legislature.

At the time my wife and I each retired, we were earning $54K and $82K respectively. For those salaries we put in long hours, analyzed and wrote law, testified before policy and fiscal committees of the Legislature, worked with members of the Legislature and their staffs, advised a major governmental Agency head as well as the Governor's Office and were on-call 24/7.

I remember many a time being called-back to my office at around 9:00 p.m. by the Agency Secretary or the Governor's Office and not getting back home until 3:00 a.m. My most memorable call-back was when I had to come into the office to handle a "hot" bill while I was wrung out and limp as a noodle because I had pneumonia.

I can understand and appreciate your anger. I just wish you'd direct it where such feelings really belong. That's at a far higher level than a clerk at the DMV.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:20 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,958,473 times
The creeps/losers & thieves are the ca legislature. I would gladly tell them that face to face if given the opportunity. They are the idiots who raised our fees, taxes, etc at the worse time possible. At least benedict arnold will be out of office for good by the end of this yr. Its either going to be meg witman or steve poizner as our next gov & im doubtful if they make any good changes for ca. We shall see.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,361,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The creeps/losers & thieves are the ca legislature. I would gladly tell them that face to face if given the opportunity. They are the idiots who raised our fees, taxes, etc at the worse time possible. At least benedict arnold will be out of office for good by the end of this yr. Its either going to be meg witman or steve poizner as our next gov & im doubtful if they make any good changes for ca. We shall see.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't count out Jerry Brown just yet. However, I do believe that retreading him would be like acid reflux!

Old 04-04-2010, 04:23 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,537,610 times
I am still looking for the "New Laws For 2010" that eagle7 promised in his header. Not more of his hatred to all that is taxes.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 PM

434 posts, read 846,322 times
California's esteemed legislature passes 1000 new laws each year. Shouldn't be hard to find some really obnoxious stuff they've done. What on earth could there be wrong that needs 1000 new laws each year to fix? Answer: It's not about fixing problems. It's about the legislature and the lawyers scratching each others back among other things. Oh well, at least it's not as corrupt as Chicago or DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California