Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 07:44 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,773,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandc View Post
Like most all hiking/camping gear today everything is all about the weight. Bags are the same way and for many people they are willing to pay a much higher price to shave a few pounds or in many cases just a few ounces from their back pack. Since you have stated you are looking for something to car camp or tent camp with it appears that weight should not be an issue for you. That greatly opens up a much larger option in bags to choose from.
To add to this, you may find that for car camping, it is just fine to bring sheets and blankets from home, as size and weight won't be issues. I've got a sleeping bag and a quilt and a silk liner, but for car camping, I generally just leave them all at home and bring regular bedding. Instead of paying thermatest pads and the like, egg crate bedding can be a cheap DIY method, and something you might already have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 05:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
I picked up my sleeping bag at REI, a 15 F type, when I wanted a general purpose one, when I had memories of being on the R/V Longhorn. It's gone everywhere, from scuba diving and festival camping trips to family holidays (where Mom's chihuahua pee'd on it) to right now still being in the car, a hold over from driving in winter.

One of the good investments I have made.

It will stuff to something thinner, taller of a can of coffee size, but generally, I keep it unfurled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing