Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this motorhome is a good deal or not?
Yes 13 81.25%
No 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 12:42 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if this is a deal or not. Ad is below,

Look no further....This is the best motor home for the money on LSN. Must See!
Southwind by Fleetwood For sale or trade: This is a 34 foot fully self contained motor home. It is fully loaded and everything works great. It has 34k miles. We have completely went through everything and spent over 4k on upgrades in the last year. It needs nothing and is ready to go. We really need a travel trailer in the 28-33ft range with a slider, so will trade or sell. Asking $10,500.00 obo Call for details and appointment to view.

http://media.golsn.com/img/u/4558367.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 07:57 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,110 times
It's too good a deal as stated.

I'd be looking very carefully for some unstated problems.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Yes it's a good deal, I'm seeing more of these deals all the time.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Just a thought, he mentions that he is looking for something with a slide. I have friends that bought something like this because it was a good deal and in about a year they upgraded for a motor home with a slide.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:56 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Having had travel trailers and a Motor home in the past...had good and bad experiences.

A trailer can be disconnected and parked while using the car for what ever needs.

The Motor home will need a small car to be towed for small needs... otherwise it's a bear to drive around and park.

Not all camp grounds have enough spaces for that large of a unit thus a problem where to stop for the night.

Have travelled the US and found the large spaces were full early in the afternoon...not enough for the larger units on the road.

Todays gas prices and the chance of 8-9 mpg in the Motor home can be expensive on a long trip.

A decent self contained trailer can offer the same things as the Motor home...a lot cheaper to maintain and operate.

Been there and done that.

Steve

Old 09-27-2009, 02:28 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
More info on the trailer/motor home thingy.

Wife and I found that a person has to park at a KOA or state park NO later then 3 PM if you have a large trailer or Motor Home. By this time the few large spaces are full and later a person would be SOL.

We stopped early...unhooked the trailer...drove into town to site see or to buy groceries etc...just to unwind from the driving. There was time to relax and have a leisure dinner...a good nights sleep and would leave at 4 AM to get a good start before the morning traffic. Later stop somewhere for breakfast and plan our route for the day. We drove so many miles each day. It was nice to stop at a truck stop or rest area and have a soda and sandwich...using the john...getting gas...stretch the legs.

My parents at the time bought one to tow behind the Cad two weeks after we bought ours and drove to Sask. Canada and dad loved it...stopping for a cup of coffee and snack on the side of the road. They ended selling the trailer to a person working on the pipe line to Alaska. The profit on the trailer paid for the entire trip they made.

Many stories out there.

Steve

Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
I'd want to know what year is it? Are parts readily available through Fleetwood or hard to get now? What's the engine in there? What were the 4k in upgrades? Questions such as that. I'd like to know if they have a log of where the 34k miles were. Mountainous terrain or coastal? Makes a difference on the engine, brakes, tranny, etc.

Personally, after owning a 24' camper with no slides and then upgrading to a 38' fifth wheel with 3 slides, I'd never own another rig that didn't have slides. The difference in spaciousness and comfortable living is like apples to oranges!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,857,098 times
these people say it all
engine?
chassis?
transmission?
what condition are the tires and brakes in?

would you rather live in a schoolbus with a bed or in a pullbehind with a slide or two?

Old 10-15-2009, 04:04 AM

6 posts, read 24,231 times
wo, it was amasing.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:31 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
I Would love to take a trip cross country & up to canada in a travel trailer. Oh well....maybe someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing