Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:39 PM

23 posts, read 17,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
OP does not care about jobs, he's looking for somewhere to be temporarily as a student and then leave.

IMO, Vancouver or SD. SD is a warm and dry climate, so may be more familiar and pleasant to a Turk, and Vancouver has a cooler and much wetter climate, more urban setting, and has close proximity to unspoiled wilderness (you can take the city bus to skiing and hiking in the mountains). Vancouver would likely be more affordable now because of the low Canadian dollar, so I would choose Vancouver.
Yes but I read Vancouver always is rainy and I cant go outside and contact,speak with people
Is Raincouver true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 01:57 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
OP does not care about jobs, he's looking for somewhere to be temporarily as a student and then leave.

IMO, Vancouver or SD. SD is a warm and dry climate, so may be more familiar and pleasant to a Turk, and Vancouver has a cooler and much wetter climate, more urban setting, and has close proximity to unspoiled wilderness (you can take the city bus to skiing and hiking in the mountains). Vancouver would likely be more affordable now because of the low Canadian dollar, so I would choose Vancouver.
Its not just a matter of jobs though Bimbam - For Canadian options, Toronto is probably as affordable maybe even a bit more than YVR for a student because there are just so many rental options as its a bigger city. I'd also say comfortably there are more urban pursuits/better and more eclectic nightlife and just overall city things to do in Toronto vs Vancouver. Vancouver is better for outdoor recreation so it all depends on what the OP wants. He'll have to contend with colder winters than he is used to in Toronto for sure.. Winter in YVR would probably be more comfortable for him than Toronto but than again he's not a fan of rain (until he gets a Toronto Blizzard in January/feb lol but some people can deal with this for a few months of the year, some can't).. No perfect place that'll check off all the boxes though Toronto shouldn't be overlooked simply because of winter.

Last edited by fusion2; 09-27-2015 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada