Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:14 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
From what i read Democrats have no problems with Trump representing the GOP as he virtually assures a win by Hillary.
I fail to see the US under Clinton would be any better than that under Trump.
In fact, I fail to see why anyone would vote for Clinton, especially the folks down in the deep south instead of Sanders. I am clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 AM

525 posts, read 453,695 times
No fair! I've been wanting to move to Canada long before Trump won Super Tuesday. I'm different from the rest!!! :P

In all seriousness, though, I think ~99.9% of people won't follow through with this even if Trump became president. When Bush got reelected a record number of Americans visited Canada's immigration site, but the number who actually immigrated remained the same. Most Americans love their country too much to leave it.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:15 AM

854 posts, read 585,659 times
lol I found out about this from my British friend who is visiting for 3 weeks come Saturday to scout out the job market and apartments.

He said, "Looks like I have competition."

Old 03-03-2016, 12:49 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
There is no evidence that American family will be persecuted under Trump. Also, majority of Americans aren't interested in moving to Canada under any president.
Hard to say. If I were Mexican-American, or muslim I might be a tad concerned.

Majority? No where has anyone stated that a majority of Americans would move.

The threat of moving, and actually doing it are totally different anyway.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
No fair! I've been wanting to move to Canada long before Trump won Super Tuesday. I'm different from the rest!!! :P

In all seriousness, though, I think ~99.9% of people won't follow through with this even if Trump became president. When Bush got reelected a record number of Americans visited Canada's immigration site, but the number who actually immigrated remained the same. Most Americans love their country too much to leave it.
Then do it! Do some research on where you like to move to in Canada ( psst I think B.C. is pretty nice ) and get the wheels turning.

Not easy of course.

I can't remember have you been to Canada. If so, where?

Old 03-03-2016, 01:51 PM

525 posts, read 453,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Then do it! Do some research on where you like to move to in Canada ( psst I think B.C. is pretty nice ) and get the wheels turning.

Not easy of course.

I can't remember have you been to Canada. If so, where?
I've been to Quebec and Ontario; both are lovely! I've seen pictures of British Colombia, and they are STUNNING! Unfortunately, if Donald Trump becomes president, I'm a sitting duck because I'm a Muslim and I'll be stuck in the US until I'm at least 30 (I want to be a doctor, so I won't be done with my education/residency for about a decade).

But it's okay, if Trump gets elected, he'll probably get impeached soon after.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I've been to Quebec and Ontario; both are lovely! I've seen pictures of British Colombia, and they are STUNNING! Unfortunately, if Donald Trump becomes president, I'm a sitting duck because I'm a Muslim and I'll be stuck in the US until I'm at least 30 (I want to be a doctor, so I won't be done with my education/residency for about a decade).

Good for you...Canada needs more doctors

Old 03-03-2016, 04:03 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Quote:

Old 03-03-2016, 05:00 PM

579 posts, read 664,073 times
And even if Trump wasn't impeached, Trump doesn't get along with the Republican caucus in Congress, let alone the Democrats, which will mean a lot of gridlock between the executive and Congress.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:33 PM

625 posts, read 1,389,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
And... here's the traditional response to that on this subforum!

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
For an American in one of the NAFTA occupations, applying for a job may be a good route as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada