Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2016, 05:26 AM

13 posts, read 10,758 times

Advertisements

i curious to know if there is still way to someone for immigrate to Canada in case his education and his work experience will not be useful in Canada and he don't have millions to invest there .
maybe the only solution is through find job in sector doesn't require special education or work experience , but is that possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 07:38 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,018 times
If someone wants to immigrate, they need to be able to get a job. So if you have no skills or qualifications, and you think it'd be very difficult for you to get a job here, then it's a lot more difficult to get in. Maybe come in as a refugee, but otherwise, it would be difficult.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:09 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,453,096 times
Why not READ the basic information that is on the official Immigration website, of the Government of Canada ? As a country, Canada spends millions of dollar every year, maintaining information websites, so that potential applicants will know that their chances are, to be approved.

link. Immigrate to Canada

Canada is looking for educated University graduates, with at least 5 years of actual working experience in their field of training..............Or experienced and licensed "skilled trades persons " who have 5 or more years of direct experience in their trade.

Do you qualify ?

Jim B.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:53 AM

13 posts, read 10,758 times
honestly i read that links a lot times - i hold L.L.B (Bachelor of law) and i think that's will not be useful in Canada

Old 04-24-2016, 01:58 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times
I'm thinking of applying for jobs in Canada; I've been looking at programs abroad and think I might try Canada. I have a degree in English; have been working in a library for 10 years, currently in a call center, and I'm also a writer. Hopefully these things will not be an issue.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:11 PM

aladin1991.

The link that I gave you is THE official source, direct from the Government of Canada.

If you want to come to Canada, as an Immigrant, the Government of Canada is the entity that you are going to deal with.

Jim B.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:16 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladin1991 View Post
honestly i read that links a lot times - i hold L.L.B (Bachelor of law) and i think that's will not be useful in Canada
If you are that serious you might want to consult a lawyer up here who is an expert in the field and see if there are specific types of Lawyers the country is looking for. I'm just sort of throwing it out there to give you an idea to take further. You might also look at some sort of study Visa to enhance your skills as well as a way in. Again, just to sort of to stimulate ideas for you to investigate further. Good luck!

Old 04-24-2016, 06:44 PM

Jessx.

No employer in Canada is going to be interested in a person who does not "have the legal right to work in Canada " granted by the Canadian Government. In other words, submit your Immigration , have your application approved , THEN come to Canada to seek employment.

The very first thing that any employer here is going to want to see at an interview ......Is your Immigration permit, and a Social Insurance Number card. And on every employment application form is the question " Do you have the legal right to work in Canada ? Yes or no. ? If yes, provide the details of your visa and it's expiry date.

I am going to assume that you are a US citizen ? If so , you can visit Canada, with out a visa. I would strongly suggest that you do that, for a look around.

Your employment skills are useful. As a US citizen, it is a simple matter for the Canadian Government to check your educational certificates, and your business and personal references. Being educated in English is a slight advantage over applicants that were not. The Immigration points system requires a minimum score of 67, and anything below that is rejected out of hand. The higher your score the better your chances of being approved. Makes sense, right ?

A few other points to know. You will have to have a medical examination, at your expense, in your home country, with a MD approved by the Canadian Government. That isn't required until your application is at an advanced stage of the process. Your past employers and past home addresses will be required.

There are a number of different paths in the Immigration process. A temporary work permit ( that is time limited ) A Express Entry ( that is based on a University degree in a specific scientific or technological field that is in demand in Canada ) and the Permanent Resident application. The PR is the ONLY immigration path that eventually results in becoming a Canadian Citizen. Not surprisingly, the PR application process is also the hardest one to get approval for.

At this point, I will direct you to this website, which sets out the pathway to becoming a PR in Canada.

link. Understand permanent resident status

A point to remember, any website that has gc.ca at the end, is an official website of the Canadian Government .

Jim B.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:13 PM

3,625 posts, read 3,412,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladin1991 View Post
Where did you get your LL.B.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada