Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 03:10 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
That's fine, that is your opinion and I don't really care what you think. I could have been wrong about everything I have written on here but it really has nothing to do with the topic. Just becuase you have access to google doesn't make you an expert on Canada.

Don't worry about it, that is really none of your business.

So what if Mexicans were the number one source of refugee claimants between 05-09? LOL That doesn't change what I said. There are not many Mexicans here. Do you really think every Mexican refugee claim was false? What exactly is the problem?

And for the record, I didn't even bring up Mexican refugees. It was other people that brought it up and seem so scared of it.
Your response just confirmed my conclusion. You don't know much about Canada.

My only problem is that you claimed that Mexicans claiming asylum had not been "pouring in" to Canada and you made that claim in spite of you not knowing the facts about why and when visas were imposed on Mexicans because of them being #1 claimants. I don't care who brought up Mexicans, you still responded and you responded incorrectly.

If you're going to start a topic and get into a debate about multiculturism and diversity and question the benefits of the attraction and integration of immigrants of so many different cultures to Canada I think it would be helpful if you know what and who you're talking about before you debate it.

That is all.

And if you don't like people asking you questions about your origins then perhaps you shouldn't have started it by asking another person questions like this:

Quote:

What neighborhood did you grow up in and where were most of immigrants in your neighborhood coming from? Also when, what time period are we talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 03:19 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,567,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Bostonkid, in his usual smug style, suggested that my support of immigration vetting indicates a lack of compassion, yet he knows nothing about my level of compassion or what I do for people.

Canada allowed 57,000 refugees last year. That's not enough. There are millions of displaced people. Canada has tons of room and is a very wealthy nation. You need to let more refugees in and do more to help them otherwise you lack compassion.
Canada is a large country by land mass, not population. Taking in 57,000 sounds about right. It would be INSANE to let millions in without the proper infrastructure etc to accommodate them.

Canada is not stupid.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:25 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,411,716 times
I knew why Mexican visas were canceled to Canada. But if We compare Mexican refugee claimants to other groups in Canada I still wouldn't say they "poured in". Four years don't mean anything. So every Mexican was making false claims? Again, where are all these Mexican that poured in??? Were all they all deported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Your response just confirmed my conclusion. You don't know much about Canada.

My only problem is that you claimed that Mexicans claiming asylum had not been "pouring in" to Canada and you made that claim in spite of you not knowing the facts about why and when visas were imposed on Mexicans because of them being #1 claimants. I don't care who brought up Mexicans, you still responded and you responded incorrectly.

If you're going to start a topic and get into a debate about multiculturism and diversity and question the benefits of the attraction and integration of immigrants of so many different cultures to Canada I think it would be helpful if you know what and who you're talking about before you debate it.

That is all.

And if you don't like people asking you questions about your origins then perhaps you shouldn't have started it by asking another person questions like this:

I didn't ask anyone their origins. I grew up in Halifax, lived in Montreal for a decade, I lived in Toronto for sometime and currently live in Manitoba for the past 9 years. I have been in every province except NFLD. I guarantee I know parts of this country more intimately than a lot of Canadian born people, And I speak both official languages. Happy? My origins have zero to do with this topic.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 02-26-2017 at 03:38 PM..

Old 02-26-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Bostonkid, in his usual smug style, suggested that my support of immigration vetting indicates a lack of compassion, yet he knows nothing about my level of compassion or what I do for people.

Canada allowed 57,000 refugees last year. That's not enough. There are millions of displaced people. Canada has tons of room and is a very wealthy nation. You need to let more refugees in and do more to help them otherwise you lack compassion.
It was 59,400 refugees. Plus 240,600 other immigrants. Canada is on a budget and 240,000 people for 2016 was what Canada had a budget for (that's also including refugees and humanitarian claimants) but it brought in an extra 59,400 refugees anyway.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:43 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,176,317 times
Quote:

Thank you for the kind compliment. I welcome all free compliments regardless of source of origin or actual validity.

And of course I don't know your "level of compassion" or "what you do for people." Doing that would require a thorough scraping of your personal history and day to day activities. How would anyone on an anonymous forum know that? That'd be weird. And creepy.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:52 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
Urban Luis, I have a question for you. Judging by a great many of your posts on this forum you sound like you don't really know a lot about Canada, which makes me think that you are either a very young person or else you weren't a Canadian born citizen. If you weren't born here then how long have you been in Canada and what country did you come from?

There is nothing wrong with Luis' posts.

And his origins are irrelevant.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I knew why Mexican visas were canceled to Canada. But if We compare Mexican refugee claimants to other groups in Canada I still wouldn't say they "poured in". Four years don't mean anything. So every Mexican was making false claims? Again, where are all these Mexican that poured in??? Were all they all deported?

I didn't ask anyone their origins. I grew up in Halifax, lived in Montreal for a decade, I lived in Toronto for sometime and currently live in Manitoba for the past 9 years. I have been in every province except NFLD. I guarantee I know parts of this country more intimately than a lot of Canadian born people, And I speak both official languages. Happy? My origins have zero to do with this topic.
The ones who were approved stayed and are accounted for. The majority of the bogus claimants were sent back to Mexico, but some of them managed to slip away while they were awaiting evaluation and processing and they have disappeared somewhere into the depths of Canada. Or maybe crossed over into USA, nobody knows where they are now.

Thanks for telling about your geographical history in Canada, yes I'm happier now but I still think you have a lot more to learn about the people of Canada including the newcomers to Canada. No offense intended.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
The ones who were approved stayed and are accounted for. The majority of the bogus claimants were sent back to Mexico, but some of them managed to slip away while they were awaiting evaluation and processing and they have disappeared somewhere into the depths of Canada. Or maybe crossed over into USA, nobody knows where they are now.

Thanks for telling about your geographical history in Canada, yes I'm happier now but I still think you have a lot more to learn about the people of Canada including the newcomers to Canada. No offense intended.

That's still pretty pedantic.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:24 PM

295 posts, read 264,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Canada is a large country by land mass, not population. Taking in 57,000 sounds about right. It would be INSANE to let millions in without the proper infrastructure etc to accommodate them.

Canada is not stupid.
Yes, Canadians are smart. While doing a lot of virtue signalling (especially regarding our southern neighbour), Canada does "extreme" vetting and basically accepts people with money / education. Germany and Sweden were really stupid, accepting all the trash without any vetting. Sweden is a toast, but I have still hopes for Germany.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I don't support assimilation/intergration or multiculturalism,by the second or third generation everything is usually lost (the traditions,identity et al)and that is deeply saddening to me and is cultural death and ancestral death.
Why would someone move to a new country if the old country's culture is so important to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada