Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 08:55 AM

1,223 posts, read 495,787 times

Advertisements

Tragic incident in Ottawa. The police are saying it is NOT a case of domestic violence, but the police have called this a mass shooting. There is a suspect in custody.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 10:14 AM

143 posts, read 111,104 times
That's all Harper's fault. That long gun registry should not have been scrapped but expanded to include hammers and scissors.

Old 03-07-2024, 10:18 AM

Yeah lets not polticise this particular case. 6 people just lost their lives, including children.

Old 03-07-2024, 12:06 PM

2,397 posts, read 1,565,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Tragic incident in Ottawa. The police are saying it is NOT a case of domestic violence, but the police have called this a mass shooting. There is a suspect in custody.

Sri Lankan migrants I believe a very sad story

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...erson-arrested

Old 03-07-2024, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
Sri Lankan migrants I believe a very sad story

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...erson-arrested

Thanks for sharing that. Extremely sad. The shooter was a 19 year old. What the hell would have provoked him to do something so crazy. My heart really goes out to the father of the family. I can't even imagine...

Quote:
The high commission said the father survived but his wife and children died, adding it is in touch with their family members in the country’s capital of Colombo.

Old 03-07-2024, 12:57 PM

143 posts, read 111,104 times
Police said he is a Sri Lankan national who is believed to be in Canada as a student.

Old 03-07-2024, 01:02 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing that. Extremely sad. The shooter was a 19 year old. What the hell would have provoked him to do something so crazy. My heart really goes out to the father of the family. I can't even imagine...
Not a shooting. The article posted says the student that was arrested used an edged weapon to commit the murders, not a gun. Presumably a knife, scissors, axe or machete ..... something like that? Maybe the suspect was on drugs and went on a killing rampage. A horrible tragedy.

Quote:
Stubbs said an edged weapon was used in what he described as a “mass killing.”

Old 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Not a shooting. The article posted says the student that was arrested used an edged weapon to commit the murders, not a gun. Presumably a knife, scissors, axe or machete ..... something like that? Maybe the suspect was on drugs and went on a killing rampage. A horrible tragedy.
Holy crap.

Yeah this whole thing sounds more like a mental breakdown or drugs.

Old 03-07-2024, 01:20 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Holy crap.

Yeah this whole thing sounds more like a mental breakdown or drugs.
I would suspect really bad drugs. Reminds me of two years ago and the manhunt when Myles Sanderson of the Cree Nation reservation in Saskatchewan was crazy on drugs and went on a killing spree in the middle of the night throughout the village, attacking and killing people with a knife while they were sleeping in their beds at night. Sanderson was high on cocaine and fentanyl. He killed his brother too.

Old 03-08-2024, 12:03 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Not a shooting. The article posted says the student that was arrested used an edged weapon to commit the murders, not a gun. Presumably a knife, scissors, axe or machete ..... something like that? ....
Yeah, I've got a number of things in my garage that I could use to kill. Axe, hatchet, crowbar, baseball bat, hedge clippers, the list goes on. Even a lawnmower, and I remember reading a case where one guy tried to kill another with a gasoline-powered lawnmower. (The victim suffered severe injuries to his hands, but was otherwise okay.) If you want to kill or injure someone and don't have a gun, you'll find a way to achieve your objective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada