Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 05:22 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,348,234 times

Advertisements

[quote=Luisito80;66658959][quote=netwit;66658893]
The article said this: The government began consultations in March 2024 with financial services providers and “diverse communities” as it sets out to expand mortgage policies to include alternative financing, the budget adds. The Liberal government says it will make an announcement detailing what such a plan would look like this fall.
Quote:

i guessed you missed this part......The government wants to provide loans that align with sharia law.

Again you are making this about something it's not. I never even mentioned any of that related to the article. This is not the first time you do this.

Yes, they shouldn't. Sharia law is religious law. Banks shouldn't involve religions.

SO wanting Canada and our institutions to remain secular is being ignorant and bigotry?Islam is a religion not a race. You have literally defended people that only rent apartments and rooms to their own only, which is actually against the law. I have never ever dont that on here. I don't believe in segregation. You're acually sounding like the people that defend transgenderism tooth and nail. We can't ever have an opinion on these issues with out these types of accusations.

Don't believe men can be women and there are infinite genders? You're a bigot! Believe in secularism? Its only ok when it comes to Christianity. Apply that to everyone else you're a bigot!
Just where do you think western laws came from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 07:53 PM

1,252 posts, read 516,126 times
[quote=netwit;66659059][quote=Luisito80;66658959]
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
The article said this: The government began consultations in March 2024 with financial services providers and “diverse communities” as it sets out to expand mortgage policies to include alternative financing, the budget adds. The Liberal government says it will make an announcement detailing what such a plan would look like this fall.

Just where do you think western laws came from?
So now you want to defend Christinity and the west? Make up your mind.

Old 04-19-2024, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
We're also seeing certain religions rising almost meteorically, though none of them are Christian.
Yes wokeism is one of them. Which also means anti-christian.

Old 04-20-2024, 06:09 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,101,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
Yes wokeism is one of them. Which also means anti-christian.
Yeah we've discussed before how wokism has the trappings of a new religion.

But I was talking about Islam, Sikhism and Hinduism, all of which are growing very fast in Canada.

Old 04-20-2024, 08:57 AM

3,481 posts, read 2,817,151 times
Quote:

But I was talking about Islam, Sikhism and Hinduism, all of which are growing very fast in Canada.
Noneism is growing even faster.

Old 04-20-2024, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Yes absolutely, that goes without saying. Traditional Christianity is on its death bed while every other religion is growing. Even some churches have gone woke, specially protestant Churches. The only other churches making in roads are evangelical churches but they arent exactly tradtional Christianity.

Old 04-20-2024, 05:05 PM

829 posts, read 868,552 times
A lot of Christians do not really practice their religion. Most people who self-declare being non-religious are likely ex-Christians who realized it doesn’t make sense to declare having a religion without really practicing it. The number of Christians decreases almost as much as the number of non-religious people increases. Most people already gave up Christianity, it just takes a while for everyone to really recognize that. People who follow other religions tend to be much more practicing and those are growing fast. Soon Canada will be split in something like 20% practicing Christians, 20% practicing other religions and 60% not really following any religion.

Old 04-20-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EduardoFinatto View Post
A lot of Christians do not really practice their religion. Most people who self-declare being non-religious are likely ex-Christians who realized it doesn’t make sense to declare having a religion without really practicing it. The number of Christians decreases almost as much as the number of non-religious people increases. Most people already gave up Christianity, it just takes a while for everyone to really recognize that. People who follow other religions tend to be much more practicing and those are growing fast. Soon Canada will be split in something like 20% practicing Christians, 20% practicing other religions and 60% not really following any religion.
That 60% made up mostly of non-immigrant former Christians.

Old 04-27-2024, 11:57 PM

148 posts, read 115,269 times
Even the Taki Magazine writes about this:

OW, CANADA
It’s ain’t just Harlem having trouble with immigrants. North America’s endearing simpletons are finding out the hard way that opening their borders to the world’s detritus wasn’t the greatest idea. Canadians are like a retarded boy who gets a bag of candy and decides, out of sheer goodness, to share it with the neighborhood kids, who proceed to steal the entire thing and kick him in the face.

Things have gotten so bad in Canada regarding immigrant crime, a housing crisis, and a strain on the nation’s beloved cradle-to-grave social services programs, that last week anencephalic man-child Justin Trudeau confessed that he has no choice but to shut the door, at least temporarily, on the flood of Third Worlders he welcomed into his country because Australian aborigines are the only people on earth who make him look intelligent in comparison.

As reported by the WaPo, Indian and African immigrants say they’re beginning to feel unwelcome in Canada.

So, no different from everywhere else.

Old 04-28-2024, 07:04 PM
pdw

2,687 posts, read 3,106,764 times
I’m getting depressed by the increasing negative sentiment towards immigration that seems to be happening in this country. People want scapegoats I guess, and it’s easier to blame the federal government letting too many immigrants for the multitude of identical problems being experienced globally right now that are also affecting Canada. It’s not so much here but in comments on news websites like CBC and the National Post, on websites like Reddit and YouTube. Personally I’m pro immigration, I just think our government was shortsighted in adapting our housing infrastructure and scope to build enough places to live for these people coming here. They’re getting things moving now, but it should have happened in 2015 right from the get go when the Liberals got elected as it was a campaign promise from the very beginning. I’m still voting liberal cause the Conservative plan is “deregulate and let the market fix the problem” which hasn’t worked in the 35 years since the federal subsidies for housing were removed in the first place, so why would it work better now? I’ve voted NDP or Green federally since the Harper days, but I’ll hold my nose and vote Liberal as long as theyre first or second place in my riding. The Conservative platform doesn’t outline any way it will improve quality of life for a renter with a five figure income like myself, why should I vote for them just to send a message that I’m unhappy with the state of affairs in Canada, that is identical to every other Western (and many non Western as well) country is experiencing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada