Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,292 times

Advertisements

Hello!

When all the documentation that is required to apply under Federal skilled worker (Cook position) is sent to the visa office, how do they proceed with the process on evaluating this verification of application?

I ask this question since I do have all the documentations as required from Visa Office but I read on internet or through people in forums that Visa offices sometime can be harsh and moody on your case even when all they required is sent to them.
This fact makes me wonder and does not give me a comfortable feeling.., i mean I do have every detail about what the Visa Office will request from me but I am uncertain if the Visa Office is very picky even if you have all they require from the applicant.

In other words, is the Visa Office generally and mostly fair or do they get moody with application approvals just because they can even when all that is required is present …?

It would be such a waste of time if my case would be denied since I do have all docs prepared and ALL as the Visa Office requires them.

One more thing, I am applying from Albania and we do not have Visa Office for interviews, so my question rises: How will they interview me or verify my application?

p.s. i do have ALL docs as i mentioned and i have studied every link possible to get information. I want to see if anyone can share their own personal opinion or if they have extra information with my request. Thank you again.

Paola
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 AM

355 posts, read 2,369,676 times
Paola,

I would say that, if you already have all the documents (some of which can be expensive to get, considering translations, etc.), you should go ahead and submit your application. In the worst case scenario, the dreaded denial may occur and your fees will be reimbursed. It is time-consuming, yes, but you can send in the application and go on with your life as the process takes place.

If you have visited all the links offered by Immigration Canada, you know there is a page that shows you the estimated time the process will take for each major consulate/immigration office around the world.

Regarding an office being "moody", there are so many officers in each office, and so many offices around the world, that it would be difficult to establish a pattern. Also, how a file is treated internally is only known to each office, it would be difficult for us applicants to know what goes on inside the office.

A nice tool to track how the process goes for other applicants (and you may know this tool already) is the TrackIt website (http://www.trackitt.com/). On that website, applicants enter their information, dates, timelines, etc., so that you can see what steps they go through and what they are actually required to do. The website also has forums where people can discuss different aspects of the application process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada