Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2016, 04:09 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times

Advertisements

I found out the hard way. I am putting a chemotherapy cream on my nose and above my lip. It gas a great affinity for pre-cancerous cells and spares good cells. It causes pre-cancerous cells to burn, blister, crack and peel. It is painful, which is why I do a small part at a time. I did NOT expect to have burns/blisters insidea my nostrils! Apparently when I was lying by the pool, trying to tan, the insides got too much sun. I certainly never put lotion inside my nose. Thought I 'd warn others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 06:36 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Good advice; thanks for letting us know!

Old 07-11-2019, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,167 times
I didnt think to protect mine either. But here i am still trying to recover from an inner nostril sunburn from like..3 weeks ago ..maybe4? Its irratating. And certain foods or chemicals make my nose run like crazy. It has formed a tear right at the edge of my nostril and a slit in the other side on the interior top edge keeps scabbing over after washing face and applying lotion makes it look like a snotty nose. If I put nothing on it then it looks like dry boogies. And even bleeds. I ve used aloe plants and gel n,
spray(( while holding my breath)). Nothing is taking it away n other environmental distractions are making the healing process lag along. This heat makes me sweat like crazy. Which i would think that might help but NOPE!
Just cleaning it every 25 -30 mins throughout the day then aloe at night at home where it wont be confused for boogs is my process. JESUS WHAT A PAINFUL NIGHTMARE! BEST WISHES.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:18 PM

23,285 posts, read 18,810,120 times
One of the worst UV radiation burns one can get happens at high altitude while skiing, mountaineering or ice climbing. All that UV is bouncing off the ice/snow and hitting...you guessed it; inside your nostrils, the inside of your mouth, beneath your eyebrows, eyelids, under your chin. All those little spots you assume are protected from sunburn. The air is extremely clear, sun is uninterrupted and intense. Your sweat dries fast so you don't tend to get hot in that sun and you don't cover up. The air is also very dry and you are breathing hard (mouth open) too. Ask me why I know. No, DON'T ask! Take my word for it. Its miserable. And then it all peels off. You look like a broiled mummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer