Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 12:13 AM

2 posts, read 3,085 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm 52 years old, I had recently got a diagnosis for my breast cancer and now my results are out. After hearing about my results from the doctor, I just got shocked. I am diagnosed with breast cancer, I've never expected this to happen with me.
This is really shocking news for me.
I just don't know what to do, feeling like I'm going to die and I just want to scream out loud. But when I think about my children I become very sad. Thinking the whole day will I be cured of this disease or will I die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 05:16 AM

118 posts, read 107,255 times
I am sorry you are going through this. Life can be challenging and confusing. Right now it’s all new and scary, but once you have a treatment plan and identify support - you may live a new normal. I an only share my thoughts on your predicament. I obviously don’t know you or your life, but you are not walking an untrodden path. Go to the library, get some books on treatments and coping. Pray or meditate, take time to reassess. I tend to catastrophize, try to make a plan instead. Take time to rest and enjoy simple things. I wish you peace.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:19 AM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
wow, what are the odds of getting breast cancer 5 years after getting prostate cancer? I know men can get breast cancer but your About Me says you are female.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:42 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by positivebio View Post
Hi,
I'm 52 years old, I had recently got a diagnosis for my breast cancer and now my results are out. After hearing about my results from the doctor, I just got shocked. I am diagnosed with breast cancer, I've never expected this to happen with me.
I just don't know what to do, feeling like I'm going to die and I just want to scream out loud. But when I think about my children I become very sad. Thinking the whole day will I be cured of this disease or will I die.
What you are feeling is completely understandable. It IS a shock. No one expects it to happen to them. You can't suppress all the emotions you are feeling. Having been through this twice myself I know from experience that once you have more information about what the next step will be (when your surgery will happen, what type, what if any followup treatment will be recommended) it will help you feel as if you are actually doing something about it instead of sitting around just waiting to die. Let your doctors help you with this. That's what they are for.

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-07-2020 at 02:30 PM..

Old 02-07-2020, 05:17 PM

745 posts, read 1,649,054 times
Quote:
Hi,

What if cancer is really a fungus and is curable. Do the research.

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/brea...really-fungus/

Old 02-08-2020, 07:55 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
wow, what are the odds of getting breast cancer 5 years after getting prostate cancer? I know men can get breast cancer but your About Me says you are female.
Yep...something is a little fishy here

Old 02-08-2020, 11:05 AM

26,734 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Yep...something is a little fishy here
Yes.

Old 02-08-2020, 12:19 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
What if cancer is really a fungus and is curable. Do the research.

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/brea...really-fungus/
Sure, do your research. Just be aware of the motivation of your sources...including the .coms

Old 02-10-2020, 10:34 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
I was also diagnosed at 51. I am 56 now. So far so good. First step is to get your path report so you know what type you have. Then go to Breastcancer.org to the community section and access the support of the thousands of women who have gone before you. I coped in the beginning by taking the bull by the horns and learning as much I as I could. I also sought 2nd opinions. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Sadly, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed in their lifetime. It's a tough battle but it also depends largely on the type and progression of your cancer.

Old 02-10-2020, 03:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
As VTsnowbird has pointed out, the OP says he/she was diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 years ago. I'm betting the OP wont come back here to explain:

Quote:
Hi, well living with cancer is really not an easy thing as you'll have to go through various treatments every day. You'll have to bear all the pain. But it is better to bear the pain then dying I think. Well, for the treatment for Prostate cancer there are so many treatment options available including Radiation therapy, Chemotherapy, Vaccine Treatment, Hormone Therapy, Surgery, and Bone directed treatment. So I'll recommend you to ask your doctor about the best option to cure your cancer. And it is very important for you to be calm and patient during your treatment and always believe in your doctor.
I was diagnosed with Prostate cancer 5 years ago and after getting treated now I am cured. I wish you good luck with your treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer