Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 08:48 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times

Advertisements

do eskimos really smoke their fish,there are no trees up in the Arctic so how do they smoke fish,they eat them raw.
Eskimos is a native American Indian word meaning those who eat raw fish!
The Japanese get throat and stomach cancer while Americans get colon cancer.
They eat the traditional preserved daikons,and drink sake,we eat too much red meat,there is a restaurant serving huge portion of steak in TX ,if you can polish it away in one setting,you get it free.

Old 12-19-2021, 08:49 AM

what if the surgeon just remove that part of the colon which has cancer cells,then it wont mestasize?

Old 12-19-2021, 02:46 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
do eskimos really smoke their fish,there are no trees up in the Arctic so how do they smoke fish,they eat them raw.
Eskimos is a native American Indian word meaning those who eat raw fish!
False. What you describe as "smoked" isn't. Wrong culture. Far northern tribes including the Yup'ik and Inuit use sun, salt, and wind to preserve meat including fish. As for availability of wood, that's not quite true either. There are specific beaches where the prevailing ocean current creates accumulations of driftwood that originated from much farther south. The linguistic origin of "Eskimo" is actually netter of snowshoes, not raw fish eater. The term is outdated and inaccurate. It is also considered stereotypical, derogatory slang.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-19-2021 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-20-2021, 10:41 AM

441 posts, read 439,243 times
Best research is check Mayo Clinic and Dana Farber websites. They have lots of good information. I think you should see the doctor. so if it is cancer you can be treated promptly. Godd Luck I am wishing the very best outcome for you.

Old 12-24-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
False. What you describe as "smoked" isn't. Wrong culture. Far northern tribes including the Yup'ik and Inuit use sun, salt, and wind to preserve meat including fish. As for availability of wood, that's not quite true either. There are specific beaches where the prevailing ocean current creates accumulations of driftwood that originated from much farther south. The linguistic origin of "Eskimo" is actually netter of snowshoes, not raw fish eater. The term is outdated and inaccurate. It is also considered stereotypical, derogatory slang.
https://www.alaskapublic.org/2016/02...means-to-them/
how far can the driftwood be found in the Arctic?
It is not relevant any more,as they dont live in igloo,and they shop in foodstore and in some communities,they have art director who help them design and make INuit arts.
I collect Inuit prints,I have one right in front of me of a woman cleaning her fish net and a fish roasting over stove and a dog salivating outside the igloo,circa 1962.
I dont think they even bother to preserve their fish and deer meat,they just buried them under the snow.

Old 12-24-2021, 11:29 AM

It is a harsh life,but I bet they dont want to live in a society where every day someone will speculate if the Fed is going to raise rate by 25 basis points!
and all those preservatives we add to our food
and we cry we dont have enough heat in the winter and no A/C in the summer,and gas is $4 /gallon and the SSI,SSN ,stimulus checks arrive late !

Old 12-24-2021, 12:53 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,943,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK. I had a family member with undiagnosed celiac disease. He got colon cancer. The cancer was removed, but it eventually metastasized. So he didn't die of fatal colon cancer, you could say, technically. We know he had undiagnosed celiac disease, because his son eventually was diagnosed with celiac, and he had the same symptoms his dad had his whole life, without knowing they were signs of celiac.

After being diagnosed, the son got tested for other food allergies, too, and now avoids all foods he's allergic to, so he probably won't get colon cancer.

That's just one example, but I don't doubt that there are more people like that out there.
This is interesting. I've never heard of this issue until you brought it up.

Old 12-24-2021, 01:00 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,943,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Unless you're an Eskimo living on a diet exclusively of smoked fish, don't bother worrying about diet.
OMG, I can't believe people still think like this. It's simply not accurate. At all.

This is from the Mayo Clinic. It isn't "alternative" medicine to eat a plant based diet.

Eating more fruits and veggies may help prevent a third of cancer cases.

Decades of research suggests that the best diet for cancer prevention is all about plants. That means lots of fruits, vegetables and legumes, and little to no meat or other animal products.

A 1/3 reduction in cancer shows it's not enough to rely on diet alone, but it's not trivial, either.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/art-20457590

Old 12-24-2021, 01:55 PM

I dont like preserved food ,be it meat,fish,fruit or veggie,.

Old 12-24-2021, 02:23 PM

13,062 posts, read 7,500,158 times
^ I eat a lot of vegs. Large quantities as a method to keep my calories. However, the diuretics that I take for high BP also constipates. I've decide yesterday to stop lorsartan to see what happens. BP with lorsartan is 150/70. Also take amolidipine.
Constipation is supposed to be a predictor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer