Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 496 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am seeking some advice on my issue I'm having with my auto insurance. I am in the state of California and recently filed a claim to get my rear bumper fixed from a minor parking lot accident. Since the beginning of process, it's been a pain dealing with my adjuster over the phone. I picked the shop of my choice and they are perfectly fine with that of course but they are forcing me to get an estimate from an approved shop first. They don't want to send out an adjuster to do the estimate but rather get the guy behind the desk at this approved shop to write it up.

The thing is that the shop I took it to already knows that they're going to need someone to come out from the insurance company after they remove the bumper to inspect for further damages. The first estimate they want me to get will likely be a cheap one and the shop I took it to will re-estimate and write a new one. The guy even told me at the shop this is what will always happen because insurance companies always want to cut corners and get the lowest estimate. This means that for sure an adjuster will need to come onsite to inspect it. The shop I took it to deals with my insurance company a lot and even they know my insurance is giving me a really hard time for them to send someone out.

I can never of course get through to speak to a supervisor or a manger or whoever is at the highest level. My shop guy even tried to himself many times and they have me going in circles. Since I work out of town during the week I didn't have the time to take it to this approved shop and it was much easier for me to drop it off at the shop of my choice. I already got my rental but my insurance is refusing to offer any assistance until I get an estimate from their shop and will cut my rental off. Is my insurance allowed to do this and force me to go get an estimate from their approved shop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 03:56 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,255,219 times
Yes they are. Go get an estimate from one of their shops, then take your car to your own shop of choice.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:39 PM

13,131 posts, read 21,011,866 times
They get away with it because their "adjuster" or the persona person approving the repairs will be located at that location. You see this often where there is a drive up claim service or on-site damage estimators for the issuance company just waiting for you, but their office is right inside a collision center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance